Part 6

I got to Clare's house around 5:30 with my hair thrown up in a messy bun, in my white converse, high wasted jean shirts from Urban Outfitters, and bad luck shirt from Brandy Melville. In order to actually get myself to this point, I told my dad I was going into town with Clare and a couple other girls from around here. He completely believed me, or he just wanted to believe me.

Clare's parents let me in. They told me she was still sleeping so I went into her room and laid on top of her.

She whined loudly, "Get off of me, you're crushing my organs!" I let out a chuckle and just kept laying on her. I shut my eyes and asked her,

"What do you think Shawn is doing? I mean, what do you think he wants from -" I paused and thought for a second, "whatever this is between us?"

"Who cares Dani. You like him and he likes you. That's all there is to it. Just go with it for now." She smiled and then pinched my butt signaling me to get off her.

I rolled off of her... But with to much momentum.

"Owwww, my head." I rolled off the bed. She started hysterically laughing while I laid on the ground shaking my head at my stupid move. After a about 20 seconds of drowning in my pain, I started laughing with her.

Shawn opened up the door and looked at us with the utter most confusion, "Are you guys okay? I could hear you from outside." Then he started to crack a smile realizing I had fallen off the bed.

"Oh yeah were totally fine Tenley, I was just stealing your girl." I started laughing even more when she said that. It was weird, I don't usually laugh this much. I guess they have changed me in a way or I'm just weird.

Shawn took both my hands and helped me get up. Then looked at me with his trademark expression. I went in to give him a hug. Whenever I was with Shawn he made me feel so safe.

"Are you ready?" I gave him a nod and we walked out to his car.

-

After about 45 minutes of driving in his old pickup truck, he stopped at a local pizza place that seemed to be packed.

"Do you like pizza?"

"Do you like breathing?" I giggled, "Who doesn't like pizza Shawn?"

"I don't know Dani. Weird people don't lik pizza, and well... Your pretty weird." He cracked a smile, "Weird in a beautiful way, though."

"Oh great recovery Tenley. You're pretty weird yourself so I wouldn't be talking if I were you." He jumped out of the car and quickly opened the door for me. The waitress seated us and took our order.

"We'll take one large pizza, two root bear floats and one large order of cheesy fries." Demanded Shawn before I could even say anything. The waitress walked away writing the order down.

"Shawn," he chuckled, "I didn't even tell you what I wanted." I smiled at him looking confused.

"Well? Did you like the things I ordered?" He questioned matter of factly.

"I mean ya it's all delicio -" he interrupted me before u could finish.

"Good, I was hoping you liked all of that stuff. It's what I usually get."

"Why'd you order it all before asking?" I questioned.

"Well you see Dani it was a test," he paused and smiled, "and you passed the test."

I laughed a little, "Was it now? What was the purpose of this test?"

"Obviously it was to see if you liked the same food as me. Because if a girl doesn't like the same food as me the dates over." He said jokingly of course.