"What were you thinking?"

a few days later. At the Queens.

Thea and i were sitting on the sofa in the living room

Thea and i were sitting on the sofa in the living room. Thea was looking through a magazine for a car. Her birthday is soon and she wants a car.

Oliver was still eating breakfast.

Thea "Tahitian Green or Midnight Black? what do you guys think"

Oliver "I think that you've been dropping hints all week, Thea, and mom still isn't buying you a car for your birthday. "

He took a bite of his apple.

Moria walked inside"I could not have said it better myself"

Thea "Oliver and Cat got cars when they turned 18. "

Oliver "yeah, but she and i could back it out of the driveway without hitting a tree. "

Suddenly Tommy walked inside, amused  "oh, that's true i do remember you taking the paint off your dad's Masarati"

Oliver nodded, shrugging.

Moria "Thea, the party planner's waiting."

She turned to Tommy who was standing next to her and kissed him goodbye on his cheek "sorry to run off like this"

Thea stood up "but we have a convertible to go buy"

Moira rolled her eyes amused.

Me"good luck"

Then they walked out.

Tommy walked to us "how's she holding up?"

Oliver nodded "oh, she's okay. "

Tommy took his jacket off.

Oliver "Thea thinks she's actually a little bit too okay. "

Tommy asked confused "what do you mean?"

Oliver "Just...behaving erratically. Shut -in one minute, running the company the next"

Tommy "her husband is missing and presumed who-knows-what. If anyone had an excuse to be erratic, it's your mom"