A Summary [Ruins]

GleeTale is a seemingly nice, friendly, and pastel universe of Undertale. Everyone is in bright colors, optimistic, and wearing a bright cheery smile. But it isn't everything that it seems.

We start off falling down as Frisk, the Normal protagonist character that we play in during the duration of the original game created by Toby Fox. We walk through the door where we meet Flowey and he is very different. First off, his petals are all different colors and he has a very unamused look on his face. 

By Talking to Flowey, we learn that he isn't self aware that this is nothing more than an alternate version of some game and there is no hope for him. He lost it all. We also learn that he is in no control of resets and he is just tired of being the introduction role to the player. He has a lot of fourth wall breaks like Monika does from DDLC, like saying you have another name behind the screen but he will call you Frisk for simplicity.

Like normal, Flowey will battle you. But instead of Toriel intervening as soon as he's about to kill you, you have about ten turns to try and spare him. If not Toriel comes in and kills Flowey. That is an instant game over. But when you do spare Flowey he will agree to go on your journey with you, using a sanpail Frisk finds around to carry him in. (That will be explained) 

I also think I should mention your soul isn't red, it's orange. A vibrant orange. And that Flowey's petals include: Light blue, Pink, Yellow, Lime Green, Light Purple, And Gold. This will also be important later on.

You walk through the area and meet Toriel. She is in the ruins taking care of a vast amount of children with her. The children were all children who have fallen down and hadn't left her. She sees you and offers to let you in. She asks you to follow her through the ruins.

Before you are able to go, Flowey mentions something. His purple flower petal seems to be getting more vibrant. He explains to you that each of these petals represent one trait you are supposed to learn to beat the game. He also explains that each character in the game corresponds to each character you befriend in the game. Toriel being the first character you interact with.

After this, you can talk to any of the children you please. But after you're done you follow Toriel rough the ruins. She does the normal explains puzzles and walks you through the ruins holding your hand thing. When you get back to her house it's full of happy children playing and having fun. Lots of them somewhat older, as if they've been down here for years. Toriel leaves you in the room with the chair to get out her famous cinnamon-butterscotch pie. You and the children in the house at the time share it. You share your slice with Flowey. 

After that Toriel is sitting on her chair, reading to the children. You are supposed to interrupt her to ask her questions about everything. She will apologize and go into the kitchen to talk to you, since it's forbidden to other children without permission.

You talk to Toriel and learn a lot of information about this universe that's way different. Like how Shen keeps the children here due to her own loneliness instead to keep them safe from Asgore. You also learn that the monsters are perfectly happy and content underground and that the reason she left Asgore is because he didn't want a lot of children like her. But of course, Flowey doesn't quite beleive that remark. 

After you talk to Toriel, Flowey insists that you can come back to befriend Toriel, after you get everybody else first. He guides you to the basement, which is closed off by gates in place by Toriel and are pretty hard to open. In fact, you has to solve a very difficult puzzle to open the gate and go downstairs to leave the ruins. 

You make it to the door, but somehow Toriel has made it before you. She stands in your way, but doesn't fight you. Like a blockage or a barricade. She will not fight you unless you fight her first. Flowey says find a way to get her to move. On genocide you would fight and kill her to get through, leaving the ruins in chaos and causing his purple flower petal to wilt off entirely. On a neutral run you would go upstairs And cause a commotion, forcing her upstairs. On a Pacifist run you will initiate combat with her to talk to her and eventually spare her. On Nuetral and Pacifist nothing happens to Flowey's petals yet.

Congratulations. You have successfully left the RUINS