15:Kitty

IM BACK!!!!! I am so sorry I haven't updated like........ at all, but I'll try to update more (don't trust me on that) Anyway I have a lot planned so I hope you enjoy!!

btw this chapter is short because i started writing it like 5 months ago lmao

(Annabelle's POV)

I rushed down the elevator to the lobby and ran over to the front desk, scaring Jimmy who was doing a word search.

"I need to know this building's pet policy," I said, slamming my hands down on the table.

"Oh, um..." Jimmy pulled out a drawer and grabbed a pair of glasses. He then ducked under the desk and lifted up a big, blue book.

"That's the book of rules?" I asked.

"No. It's the building's rulebook," Jimmy looked at me dead in the eyes. I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. After what seemed like an eternity of staring, Jimmy licked his index finger and started quickly flipping through the book before shutting it closed and telling me, "We allow pets."

"Great!"

"But you do have to do a lot of paperwork."

"Great."

                                                                                          *****

I ran over to the dog park by my building and saw the kitten where it had always been. I slowly walked over to it, and the kitten perked up when it saw me. I wasn't 100% sure what gender it was, so we don't wanna assume.

"Hey, girlie." I picked up the kitten and started petting her. "Sorry, no food today. But I've got something better in mind for you." It was very strange to find a kitten hanging out in a dog park, but it's also pretty sad.

It happened about a week ago. Hannah and I were hanging out at the dog park, with Hannah's sister's dog, Julie. We were sitting on the bench, watching Julie play with the other dogs when we heard meowing coming from the bench next to us. I got up and walked over to the bench and saw a kitty laying under the bench. I was super excited, of course, because I love cats so much. 

"Hannah, look! It's a kitten!" I said, waving Hannah to come over.

"Wait, really? Let me see." Hannah got up and squatted in front of the bench with me. "She looks kinda dirty."

"Maybe she's a stray?" I suggested. I put my hand out, and the kitten tried to bite it, but I quickly pulled my hand away. "She's hungry." 

I looked up at Hannah and I knew what I had to do. "I'll be right back," I said.

                                                                              *****

I had been bringing the cat food for a while now, so she recognized me as a friendly person and not a threat. I picked the kitten up and wondered what to do with her. 

"I think... I'm supposed to bring you to the vet?" I sniffed the kitten's fur. "And take you to the shower, blech." 

I called Hannah to come over and bring something to carry the kitten in, so she, of course, called the rest of the gang and they were soon all over the kitten. 

"What are you going to name her?" Daphne asked, swaddling the kitten in her arms.

"I dunno," I said, petting the kittens head. "I've just been calling her girlie up until now."

"Simba." Collins said right away.

"Collins it's a girl," Devan said.

"SARABI" Hannah shouted.

"Who the hell is that?" I asked.

"Simba's mom you dumb." Hannah stated, arms crossed.

"Oh." I tapped my foot. "Nala?"

"Oooooh, I like that." Daphne said, rocking the kitten.

"Ok, Nala it is."