2: Scam Call

When we got upstairs, I asked the boys to take a seat, then took their bagel order. After that, we ate and talked.

Turns out you can get people to talk when you give them bagels.

I frikin love bagels.

While I was talking with the brothers, I learned that they came from Los Angeles, that Devan was 26, and Collins was 28. They moved here because they wanted a change, and they just loved this city.

To be honest...

I love this city too.

As we're talking and getting to know each other, I get a phone call. I open up my phone, only to see that it's a scam call. I'm about to hang up when I devise the perfect plan...

"Hey guys, watch this." I accept the call, turned on speaker mode, and say "hello?"

"Hello?" It was a woman calling.

"Yes, Hi. Who is this?"

"Um, I was just calling to let you know that you need insurance for your bed."

"Bed insurance?"

"Yes."

"Oh, I don't need that."

"Are you sure? It may come handy in the future."

"Nah, I don't think so."

"Would you at least think about it?"

"Listen lady, I sleep on the floor, because like... I don't have enough money for a bed frame. Let alone a mattress."

Collins and Devan look at each other, excited to see what will happen next.

"Oh, I am so sorry." the lady on the phone said.

"Ah," I sniffled. "It's ok..." I slowly started to break down in a fake cry.

"Miss? Miss? Are you ok?"

"No." *sniffle* "I'm just really upset that you would scam me like that!"

No response

"I-" the lady started. She had no words.

"Have a nice day!" and with that, I hung up.

"Annabelle!" Devan said as he jumped up. "That was amazing!"

"I do have the talent." I said, flipping my hair over my shoulder.

We laughed and talked even more, until Collins got a call saying that all their furniture was unpacked. As I walked them to the front door, Collins turned to me and said, "Thank you so much for having us! I'm glad your our first friend in this big city. And thanks for having us over. Your bagels are delicious."

"Aw, it's nothing. And you're welcome over anytime!"

I hugged them each, said goodbye, and closed the door behind them. Once I heard them close their own apartment door, I ran over to the living room and started texting my best friend, Hannah.

Annabelle: Just met my new neighbors!

Hannah: Really? Who are they?

Annabelle: Their names are Collins and Devan.

Hannah: Collins and Devan Key?

Annabelle:...

It never really ocured to me that it was the Key brothers who were my neighbors. I had loved them ever since I was in 5th grade, and always dreamed of meeting them.

AND NOW THEY'RE LIVING IN THE APARTMENT ACROSS FROM ME?!?!?!?!?!