Chapter 2: Forbidden Romance

Paul showed himself out through the front door, leaving Jason alone in the house. After Paul left, Jason grabbed his cell phone from his pocket and immediately called Michelle by pressing 7 and hitting the call button, having her number on speed dial #7, since 7 is his favorite number. She picked up after the second ring.

“Hey, Jason,” she answered. “What's up?”

“Not much,” Jason replied. “I wanted to see what you wanted to do today when we hung out.”

“Oh, okay,” Michelle said. “I'm not really sure, but if you just wanna come over here and hang out for a little while, maybe we can figure out what to do then. Sound good?”

“Sure,” Jason said. “When can I come over?”

“Give me about a half-hour or so, okay?” Michelle responded. “I've still got to take a shower and everything. Since it's a weekend, I slept in.”

“Understandable,” Jason said, looking at the clock, which showed 10:00. “So, 10:45 sound good?”

“Perfect, that's plenty of time,” Michelle answered.

“Okay, I'll see you then,” Jason said.

“Alright,” Michelle said, “bye.”

“Bye,” Jason said.

He hung up the phone and slid down the wall he was leaning on during the conversation, sighing.

Why can't you see just how in love with you I am? Jason thought. If you knew how I felt about you, maybe you'd come back to me. You'd realize how much I'm changing for you. Before, I was needy and clingy and depressing, true, but all that's changed. If only you could see that, and how I feel about you as well. I know I've told you, but mere words can't describe it. He sighed. I guess I'll have to deal with it for another while longer, though I hope seeing me today will change your mind.

He went back upstairs and took a shower himself, seeing how much he had sweated during his sparring match with Paul. He only took about ten minutes, though, not wanting to be late showing up at Michelle's. He got dressed in his best-looking casual clothes, which consisted of a black t-shirt, a blue and black button-down short-sleeved over-shirt that he left open, black jeans, and black sneakers. He then combed his hair to the side like he normally did. He looked in the full-sized mirror on his wall to see how he looked. He decided to let his bangs hang down his forehead diagonally, deciding that it looked better that way, seeing as his hair swept out to the sides in the back. He then made sure he had his wallet, keys, comlink, and cell phone in his pockets and his lightsabers on his belt before going back downstairs. When he checked the time, he noticed it was 10:30, meaning he had fifteen minutes to make the ten minute drive to Michelle's house. He decided to leave then, just in case there was any traffic.

He left the house, locked the front door, and walked towards the red Mustang convertible sitting in his driveway. He had just traded in his old car for this one the week before, having wanted a Mustang for a long time. The engine roared as he started the car. He let the black top down before driving off, seeing as it was a nice day. He put his trademark shades on as he was driving, his hair drying as the wind flew through it. Within ten minutes, he was outside Michelle's house, surprised that the roads were so quiet today. He checked the rear-view mirror to make sure his hair wasn't messed up, which it wasn't, walked up to Michelle's front door, and knocked.

“Jason, hi,” Michelle said as she opened the door. “You're looking nice today. What's the occasion?”

“Just wanted to look nice,” Jason said. “Surprised?”

“Kinda,” she replied. “Is this...”

“No, it has nothing to do with you,” Jason lied. “Paul's meeting with some professors and is speaking on my behalf at this college I'm interested in.” He had come up with that lie because he didn't want Michelle to know that he was training to be a Jedi. He also didn't want her to think that he was just dressed nicely because of her, even though that was the case.