Chapter 14: Unexpected News

When he got to Michelle's, she was glad to see that he was alright. She hugged him as she opened the door.

“I'm so glad you're safe,” Michelle said. “What happened? You look exhausted.”

“That's because I am,” Jason replied. He then relayed the details of what had just happened, including the fight against his dark self.

“Wow,” Michelle said. “No wonder you're exhausted. You need some rest. Why don't you stay here for a few hours.”

“Believe me, I was planning on that regardless,” Jason said, practically crashing on the couch. “I'm gonna need to make a new lightsaber soon, though. Like I said, both of mine were destroyed, and Paul let me keep his, so I'm gonna make one to use alongside it.”

“Yeah,” Michelle said. “It's a shame that he's gone.”

“I know,” Jason agreed, looking over at Michelle. “Now Eric's the only real Jedi friend I have left.”

“I wouldn't be too sure about that,” Michelle said, looking away for a fraction of a second.

“What do you mean?” Jason asked, sitting up.

“Well, I happen to know for a fact that one of your other friends has the powers of a Jedi,” Michelle said.

“Really?” Jason asked. “Who is it?”

“Guess,” Michelle said.

“Oh, you tease,” Jason laughed. “Alright, let's see... Joe?”

“Nope,” Michelle replied.

“Hm...” Jason said, “what about Tim?”

“No,” Michelle said.

“Okay, are they a guy or a girl?” Jason asked.

“Girl,” Michelle answered.

“That narrows it down quite a bit,” Jason said. “I don't have many real close friends that are girls, other than... no way.”

“What?” Michelle asked.

“It's you, isn't it?” Jason asked.

Michelle simply blushed in response.

“I should have known,” Jason said. “That explains so much. It explains why I can never get away with lying to you and why Jessica taught you what you knew with a lightsaber. Why didn't you just tell me?”

“I wanted you to figure it out for yourself,” Michelle said. “I was testing your connection to the Force.”

“Oh,” Jason said. “My connection must not be very strong, then.”

“Oh, trust me, it's very strong,” Michelle said. “Do you have any idea how hard it was to keep it concealed from you? I could sense your connection to the Force from the day we met and I didn't know if you were a Jedi or a Sith, so I hid it from you. Then, when you admitted to being a Jedi, I continued hiding it to see if you could ever sense it, but I guess I'm better at hiding it than I thought.”

“It would seem so,” Jason said. “Well, since you're a Jedi as well, then the news I have for you is gonna be even greater than it would have been.”

“What do you mean?” Michelle asked.

“Well, since you were the one keeping me tethered to the light,” Jason replied, “Eric decided to lift the 'no relationships' restriction in the Jedi Code. We can be together freely now.”

“Are you serious?” Michelle asked, overjoyed. “That's awesome!”

“I know,” Jason said, hugging her. “Now I don't have to worry about hiding our relationship, and neither do you, though it didn't really matter, anyway. Eric knew all along.”