From Tonight

(This is my first fanfic so... Please enjoy guys!)

It was early evening and the sun was setting over the Candy Kingdom as Prince Gumball was going out for his usual evening stroll, feeling the warm summer breeze on his pink skin, enjoying how free he felt. He enjoyed the smiles and greetings he got from his people as he walked by.

Then suddenly, his nice moment was ruined by screams, he was hesitent to intervene because, as many know, he isn't that strong, not like Fionna.  But still, he found himself running to see what was happening. He was greeted with the sight of his nightmare. The guy who he could say he probably hated most, more than the ice queen, Marshall Lee.

"Marshall!" He shouted at the top of his lungs "Stop harrasing my people! Why are you even here?"

But Marshall only laughed "Why do YOU think?" he asked smirking and flying right infront of his face, so close their noses were touching. "I'm here for you!" 

"M-Me?" He stuttered nervously taking a step back, loosing his composure due to his space being invaded by this iddiot. "W-Why are you here for me?" 

Marshall looked shocked and dramaticaly made a fainting motion "Oh my prince!" He said suddenly smiling, showing his sharp fangs. "Surely you must remember! I am absolutely..." He took a step forward, gently placing a hand under Gumball's chin and leaning into his ear. "Heartbroken." He smirked.

Gumball could feel marshalls warm breath on his ear, which made him flustered. But he promised himself he wouldn't show weakness, not infront of all his candy citizens. He took a breath and calmly placed his hands on Marshalls shoulders, gently pushing him away. He really couldn't remember why Marshall was here or what he was supposed to rember. All he knew was that this conversation could not proceed here. "L-Lets discuss this at the castle." He said, gesturing for Marshall to follow him.

Marshall followed willingly, for some reason keeping his distance. Gumball wondered why he was suddenly doing this, as he thought Marshall had no sense of spacial awareness earlier. But he wasn't going to complain, he knew this was the most space he was going to get for a while. 

They reached the castle and Gumball whispered something to one of the Banana guards as they walked inside. Gumball kept walking down the hall, trying to pay no notice to the nuisance following him. 

"Hey..." Said marshall as he floated next to him "What did you say to that guard?" he demanded like a stubborn child.

"Just to keep an eye on you, ensure you don't do something stupid that will trouble me or my candy citizens." He said scowling as he entered one of the many rooms in the castle. The room had two sofa's facing each other and a coffee table inbetween them. The room was decorated with many flowers in pretty vases.

"Now..." said gumball sitting on one of the sofas and gesturing to Marshall to sit opposite. "What did you want?"

(Well thats it for the first chapter, tell me what you thought!)