- 1 -

Despite taking the roll many years ago, becoming King still had its disadvantages to the Hedgehog. He was never well trained for the job and felt like he was always learning something new which often times the stress would get to him. He lost connection with many friends learning to deal with his personal issues whilst understanding his role as a man married into royalty, still trusting the support from his fellow friends, Knuckles and Tails when he gave them his time, but very rarely if at all. The closest connection to the two that Sonic had left was through his wife, Queen Sally Acorn, not only born into leadership but having her leadership spread out through the freedom fighters during the reign of Robotnik, she knew how to maintain her lifestyle and relationships, arguably closer to the king's old companions than he was. The queen knew there were issues with her husband but she never felt it was her right to question his actions as it was understandable for him to respond in such a way to his duties, even now, 30 years later.

Through their marriage the two had become more distant, but knowing she was still the closest person to Sonic, Sally didn't feel bad about it and accepted that this was the type of man her husband grew to become. However the tabloids always had something to say, even from day one of their marriage claiming the two were much too young to wed. The real issue with the tabloids was when sonic was claimed to be found talking to much younger women and Sally herself no longer saw her husband as often as she once did. Eventually she was sleeping in their bed alone and when awoken by anything it was usually to the sound of knocking on her door which she knew did not belong to her husband, but to his old friend Tails, whomst Sally had often asked to help her with looking after her children, Sonia and Manik. Tails loved children, his Ex wife and him had two of their own and there were many times that the Prowers and Acorns would meet up, not including the Blue hedgehog, currently known as king, formerly known as "friend".

Whilst reading the paper, all Sally could keep her eyes on were the gossip columns. The news was so disrespectful for her family's privacy and it was obvious she wasn't pleased. With a huff, she puts down the paper that claimed her husband was once again seen talking to mysterious women. A younger woman at that. Sally knew she shouldn't of let the gossip get to her but the thought of her husband abandoning his role as king, abandoning their family, abandoning her.. She felt betrayed. Sally always thought she did well for her age, sure she had a few marks and wrinkles, its what happened with age but in the end, she couldn't compete with a younger woman and she knew sonic's distance would only make it easier for him to leave, her slow and aging lifestyle was obviously no longer enough for her fast paced husband. During the short times when together, she was finding it hard to keep up and she always felt it would be a bother to him eventually.

Tails looks up from the kids, despite the rocky relationship with sonic, he always felt connected to him and never gave up hope that things would patch up. The rare interaction was always a positive one as if Sonic had worked up the energy to be the same hedgehog he was 30 years ago. However mr. Prower was an intelligent man and could tell when things were rough, and oh how he knew things were rough. Through the disappointment in Sally's face, the last years worth of gossip and Sonics long lasting disappearances, he couldn't help but to feel the worst was happening and that possibly the gossip was right.

Through the sounds of the children playing, there were only mutual, distant looks between the two adults in the room, each knowing the other had something in mind, something to say, but never having the guts to bring it up. They kept the peace like this every day they were together which turned to every month, with a small hope that maybe their worst fears weren't a reality, however, there's only so long one could hold back before they were to break down into insanity.