Chapter 6 Maps and Africa

"I want to stay down here."

"No, it's been two days. You've stayed down here long enough."

"It's cold on deck."

"You're going to get sick if you stay down here." Izzy sits on the bed, not wanting to go on deck with Jack. "I will pick you up and carry you if I have to."

Izzy's eyes widen as she thinks about how that would look to everyone else on the ship. "You wouldn't," she whispers.

"Want me to prove it?"

"No, no, I'll go," Izzy says getting up.

"That's what I thought. Good girl." He says opening the door.

He looks back to see her following. He smiles as she leaves out of the room. He shuts the door and follows her above deck. He gently guides her over to his father, but he can feel her resisting. As he's guiding her, she pulls her cloak tighter. "It's cold up here." She mutters.

"That's why you have those clothes and not something similar to what you had at the beginning," Jack explains.

"In not use to it."

"You will with time."

Izzy doesn't respond as they approach the captain. She doesn't want to be near him. He scares her.

"You got her to come out." The captain says.

Jack nods. "I did. I can't let her get sick."

"No, that would be a hard time on both of you, more her than you."

As much as Izzy doesn't want to come up on deck, she knows he's right. She has a hard time when she's healthy, she can only imagine being sick.

"I know. That's why I made her come up here."

"I'm glad to see that you survived the storm. That was rough for the first one." The captain says. Izzy just nods.

"Captain, I need you in here." A man says.

"Yes, come on Jack, you too."

Jack turns to Izzy. "You can come in or you can stay out here." He tells her.

Izzy nods but doesn't say anything. Jack follows his father, leaving Izzy on her own. As much as she didn't want to come up, the fresh air feels nice after spending a lot of days below deck.

She looks towards where Jack followed his father. She knows it has to do with navigation and she'd like to see it, but not with three men in it. She looks at the water itself looks nice, but looks out and sees where the water meets the sky. That gives her a sense of dread. There's nowhere for her to go.

She pulls the cloak as tight as she can, thankful that it's sunny, or it would be worse.

"What are you doing out here alone?" Izzy turns around to see Finn standing there.

"What?" Izzy asks.

"What are you doing out here alone?" he asks again.

"Oh, I don't know. Jack said I could go with him or stay out here. I stayed out here."

"Where did Jack go?"

"In there with his father," Izzy says pointing to the door he went into.

"Navigation," Finn mutters.

"Why?"

"Just wondering. I doubt Jack like letting you out of his sight for very long."

Izzy shrugs. "I don't know. It's not like there are a lot of places for me to go."