Chapter 2

It was late autumn and there was that part of it when she enjoyed the weather very much. She liked the rain and rough wind that sent chills down her spine and rustled the leaves and made them spin in the air. She liked nature and she somehow found it helping and comfortable.

She was dressed nicely, black jeans, a sweatshirt with little diamond prints, black wool scarf and her personal favourites, Timberlands. Her straight brown hair was pulled up in a messy bun just on the top of her head. Her camera was hanging lazily off of her neck.

She liked a good walk, the one when you just pointlessly walk around and around and do nothing really but thinking and re-thinking your choices. She found the perfect corner to sit in at the edge of the wood; there was a perfect place in the ground completely covered in roots and you could rest your back on the smooth silvery brown ash trunks. It was like a nature-made lounge waiting and longing for Krystabelle to come and sit.

But now she found something unusual, something that disrupted her inner peace and her balance with nature. There was a single snow white note attached to one tree with a single pin. There was just a small heart drawn carefully with perfectly black ink. She threw a glance at the heart and smirked a bit when she felt a terrible weight creeping upon her back and gripping her tightly around her neck. And then she remembered. It was still painful to just think of it.

It was early winter and she was walking outside with her boyfriend Leo. She really liked him, not only that he actually cared, he cared about a girl with scars on her body and even her soul. Every single day they met he kissed her scars when saying goodbye. But that night changed everything. It was really peaceful in the street completely covered in snow. But somehow someone disrupted their peace and ruined her life forever. There was that drunk driver in black Audi that decided to have a car crash in that peaceful street. Just when Leo wanted to kiss her scars goodbye once more, the car roughly came to his surprised glance and pulled him with himself in a crash that followed just moments afterwards. Krystabelle stared in shock for a few amazingly long seconds when she rushed towards her beloved Leo and gripped him tightly as it would help him. Her hands shook with anger and saddnes that filled her veins. She somehow managed to call the emergency. She was hugging him tightly until the emergency came and helped her with his body. She jumped in to and took his hand in her own and whispered "It's okay love, everything will be just okay."

She shook with fear. When they were just a minute away from hospital, he fluttered his beautiful green eyes open, looked at Krystabelle and managed a single "I love you" before he closed his eyes. The machinery started beeping but nothing couldn't silence her scream filled with mourning sadness.

'I am not able to love, not yet' she thought to herself. She got up and walked away, deep in the very heart of the wood.