The New Addition

"Guards! Help her!" Jude yelled, holding his pregnant wife, Layla. She had started having contractions when they were picking out a color for their baby's room.

Immediately, five male guards picked up Layla and carried her off to her bedroom. They laid her on the bed and propped her legs up. Female nurses rushed into the bedroom to help.

"Ahhhh!" Layla shouted in pain. The nurses quickly stabilized her and numbed the pain.

"Miss, you have to listen to me alright?" A nurse comforted. "Take deep breaths and push."

Layla sucked in air, held it, then pushed when she exhaled. Her attempts were in vain. Every time she pushed, the baby wouldn't budge.

The nurse delivering the baby quickly realized the problem. "I need a Cecilia flower stat!" She reported to the guards.

The guards all searched hurriedly for the plant that the Queen needed, but they could not find it. For an old woman had been using its healing power to help her look young. She always hid it with a fake dome-shaped bush.

In order to activate the magic, the old woman would sing the song of a folk tale.

Flower gleam and glow. Let your power shine. Make the clocks reverse. Bring back what once was mine.

Heal what has been hurt. Change the fate's design. Save what has been lost. Bring back what once was mine.

What once was mine...

After she was done singing, the woman's wrinkly skin turned smooth, her gray hair changed to a silky black, her frail body morphed into a strong female figure, and her voice turned sweet and seductive.

The newly rejuvenated woman heard the guards and dropped the fake bush over the flower. She grabbed her lantern and ran, but accidentally knocked over the bush in the process.

The guards came to the path she was on and spotted the glowing flower. They dug at the perimeter, placing the plant in a pot. All of them rushed back to the castle urgently.

The nurses ground the Cecilia and poured fresh water into a bowl with the flower. Layla weakly drank from the bowl, then gave birth to a beautiful baby girl an hour later.

Jude and Layla decided together to name their daughter Lucy, because they were lucky to be able to find the Cecilia flower in time. 'Lucky Lucy' as they had joked.

As they set their sleeping daughter in her crib, going to bed themselves, the 'old' woman quietly creeped into Lucy's room.

She looked upon the baby's long blond hair and slowly whispered the song. As she sang, Lucy's hair began glowing like the flower.

The woman's eyes widened and she grabbed her knife. Lucy was oblivious to the situation, still sleeping blissfully.

The woman grabbed a golden lock of Lucy's hair and chopped it off. She admired her work until the hair she chopped off turned dark brown.

With no other choice left, the woman took Lucy and hid her in a tall brick tower deep in the woods. That way no one would find her.

As Lucy's parents awoke the next morning, Queen Layla shrieked for her guards. All of Jude's finest men went on a search for the missing princess, but they returned empty handed. Layla and Jude were devastated.

Their one and only princess Lucy, was gone.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Hey! Yes, I am writing a NaLu for the first time. Please don't hate.

Since I have never done a NaLu before, I'm going to be a little rusty, but please bear with me.

I would love to hear constructive criticism and feedback. I will be slow on the updates, I'm sorry!

Stay Awesome Rain Drops! <3