In The Tower

7 years later

"Now now Lucy. You know what to do." Mother reminded softly, brushing her child's golden hair.

Lucy was seated in front of the fire while Mother was brushing her long locks. Whenever Mother decided to brush her hair, Lucy would have to sing a special song.

"Flower gleam and glow." Lucy began quietly. Her hair faintly started glowing.

"Let your power shine." The glowing increased steadily.

"Make the clock reverse." Mother leaned into Lucy's hair.

"Bring back what once was mine." Lucy closed her eyes and concentrated on singing.

"Heal what has been hurt." Mother kept up the brushing but inhaled around Lucy's hair.

"Change the fates design." Some of Lucy's glow reduced and flowed into Mother.

"Save what has been lost." Mother's skin returned to it's smooth form.

"Bring back what once was mine." Lucy sang quieter with each verse.

"What once was mine." Lucy finished. Her hair stopped glowing and Mother looked young again.

"Mother, why can't I go outside?" Lucy asked innocently.

"Because Lucy," Mother said firmly. "some people want to use your hair for their selfish desires. It's not safe."

"That's why I never leave the tower?" Lucy asked again.

"Yes, Lucy. Stop with all the questions!" Mother said in an annoyed tone.

"Yes, Mother." Lucy agreed sadly.

10 years later

"Lucy!" Mother sang. "Let down your hair!"

Lucy stood on the platform outside her window. She obediently raked up her hair and threw it out the window, hooking it onto a raised holder. Mother wrapped the end of her golden locks around her foot while Lucy struggled to pull her up to the top of the tower.

When Mother finally made it, Lucy let go and gasped for air.

"Oh honey, you've been doing that for years! Aren't you ever tired?" Mother exclaimed, setting down her groceries on the counter.

"Actually, no." Lucy lied.

"Then I don't know why it takes so long! Oh I'm just kidding, you're adorable, I love you." Mother said all at once.

Lucy fidgeted with the ends of her pink dress. Her 18th birthday was coming up in a few days and she wanted to ask Mother if she could see the floating lights that came out every year, only on her birthday.

"Mother, I've been meaning to ask you something. Well actually I've been meaning to ask you for a really long time now..." Lucy mumbled nervously.

"Lucy, you know I don't like it when you mumble. All I hear is blah blah blah blah blah. Speak up darling." Mother scolded gently. She took out the groceries and started putting them away.

Lucy nodded, then cleared her throat. "You know how my birthday is coming up, right?" Lucy asked.

Mother halted her progress and turned to face Lucy. "Yes, what about it?" Mother questioned suspiciously.

Butterflies started growing in the pit of Lucy's stomach. "I was wondering if I could see the lights that went up into the sky every year." Lucy prepared for the worst.

Mother stared at her for a moment. "Oh, you mean the stars." Mother finally said.

"That's the thing. I've charted stars before and these are different. They come once a year and only on my birthday. I can't help but feel like, they're meant for me." Lucy explained.

Mother sighed, walking toward Lucy. "Honey, you wouldn't survive a day in those woods alone." Her tone held a trace of anger, making Lucy feel like the discussion was over.

"Okay Mother." Lucy sighed, giving Mother a hug.

"Lucy?" Mother hummed.

"Yes?" Lucy responded.

"Don't ever ask to leave this tower again." Mother demanded slowly.

"Now, I'm off again darling. I'll see you in a bit!" Mother said as she climbed down Lucy's hair.

"You can come out now Happy!" Lucy yelled.

A little blue chameleon came running out of her bedroom. He huffed and panted for breath. Then climbed up Lucy's shoulder.

"She said no." Lucy told Happy sadly. He hung his head and patted her neck.

"It's alright. Someday, I will leave this tower." Lucy vowed, looking out her window.

|_~_| |_~_| |_~_|

Yes! I finished chapter 2! These updates are going to be a little slower because I want to finish my GaLe one first. But when that's finished, this will be my main priority.

So, tell me how I did and if you have any suggestions, that'd be great! I love to hear from you guys.

Also, please check out my new poetry book that I've started. I got inspiration from @JenniferFox4 because she has written over 35 poems and they're amazing!

And my 'older sister' @MikaelaFeight has started two stories. She is very new to Wattpad!

Check those people out! Not pervertedly ;)

Anyway, thanks so much for the votes.

Stay Awesome Rain Drops!

_Kenzie-Chan_