Mother?

Dedication: @Estrelia

Check out her new story!! :)

Lucy's P.O.V.

"Happy, I hear someone." I whispered to the blue chameleon perched on my shoulder.

Happy nodded and waited for me to check it out. I hesitantly walked toward the open landing and saw a mysterious man climbing up the side of my tower. The sounds of him grunting was the noise we had heard.

Peering over the edge, I quickly retreated back inside when I saw a pink-haired man climbing up the side of my tower. I motioned for Happy to hide.

The smell of hair gel caught me by surprise but I stood my ground nonetheless. The man started breathing heavily and dragged himself up the side of the ledge where I would throw my hair down to Mother.

As he brushed off his pants from the climb, he opened up his brown satchel and whispered, "Ah, alone at last."

I found myself hesitating from attacking him because of how rich his voice sounded. A feeling of warmth washed over me when he spoke, but I quickly shook it off.

"Lucy kick!" I shouted, kicking him in the jaw. He dropped to the ground along with his satchel.

I prodded him with my toe before carefully snagging his brown bag. Opening the top, I peered inside the satchel and saw a glistening crown.

"I've heard of these...but I've never seen them." I whispered to Happy perching on my shoulder.

First, I slipped my arm threw the circular part of the crown, but Happy shook his head. Then I tried using it as a microscope, but Happy still shook his head. Finally, I gently set the fancy crown on my head.

Looking in the mirror, I saw my pink gown clinging to my body. I saw my bare feet sticking out of my dress. I saw my golden hair sprawled messily over the room. I saw my pet chameleon Happy staring at me while sitting on my shoulder. I saw my chocolate brown eyes, my soft pink lips, and the crown, resting on my head. Happy stared at me wide-eyed before regaining his senses and shaking his head.

I somewhat sadly took off the crown and quickly stuffed it in the guys satchel when he started groaning. Said pink-haired man opened his eyes and slowly stood up.

"What are you doing here?" I accused, stepping closer to him.

"What? Who are you?" He asked dazedly. His voice startled me again and I found myself forgetting what I was going to say.

"My name is Lucy. You probably came here for my hair, didn't you?" I yelled.

"No, I have no idea what you're talking about. My name is Salamander by the way." Salamander put up his hands in surrender. His name didn't sound quite right, but I ignored his name and turned away to talk to Happy.

"I know he's a stranger." I whispered to the chameleon in my hands.

"This could be my only chance." I sighed.

Turning back to face Salamander, who was about to climb out of the window, I shouted, "Get over here!" Making him scuttle over to me and make a salute sign.

"Lucy! Let down your hair!" Mother shouted from below.

A pang of guilt ran through my body when I heard Mother. I quickly shoved Salamander into my cabinet and ran to the ledge, throwing my hair to the woman below.

When Mother finally climbed back up, I slouched down on the floor, huffing tiredly from pulling her weight. I immediately got up and stood in front of the cabinet where the mysterious man was.

"Mother, you know how we were talking earlier about how I couldn't handle myself in the woods?" I started, my hand on the handle of the cabinet. I felt bad for ratting out Salamander, but I wanted to prove to Mother I could protect myself.

"We already went over this, darling." Mother glared lightly at me.

I started getting nervous because of her attitude but continued on. "I know, I know. But this is different-"

"Lucy-" Mother interrupted.

"Mother, just hear me out." I sighed, gripping the handle tighter.

"Lucy!"

"You will never leave this tower, ever!" Mother hissed, making me let go of the handle and frown.

Tears formed in my eyes as Mother sat heavily on a chair. "Great, now I'm the bad guy." She sighed.

What does she mean I won't leave this tower? I'm not her prisoner, right? Thoughts raced threw my head a mile a minute.

Would I really never leave this tower?

|_~_| |_~_| |_~_|

Again, nothing interesting happening in my life.

I'm pretty boring :/

I'll try to do a dedication every chapter, so look out for your name!

_Kenzie-chan_