Deal

Salamander's P.O.V.

"Take me to see the lanterns."

Her voice was demanding, and my immediate reaction was to aid her. Which was odd since I had just stumbled upon her by accident. She stared at me hard for a moment, my breath coming out in short, quick pants.

"Why should I?" I inquired, raising an eyebrow and crossing my arms firmly.

She stiffened and looked me in the eye. I noticed I was taller than her by about three inches. "If you don't, I'll call my Mother and she'll send you to be hanged."

The blonde beauty, Lucy as she had told me earlier, threatened me again. "And if you still don't listen, I won't give you your precious crown back."

Now that got my attention. "I could easily steal the crown from you with my hands tied behind my back." I scoffed, rolling my eyes at her obliviousness.

She smirked and grabbed her golden hair. The next thing I know is my hands are tied behind me, the blue chameleon is on Lucy's shoulder, and she is smugly holding my brown satchel in her fingertips. I raised an eyebrow.

"Fine! I'll take you to see the lanterns. Only if you promise to give me back my crown." Lucy nodded quickly and smiled brightly at me.

I coughed loudly, staring at my tied up hands. Lucy unravelled her hair and profusely apologized. I brushed her off and grabbed the two arrows I'd dropped.

"Do we have a deal?" Lucy asked behind me. I sighed heavily.

"Yes, we have a deal. Are you happy now?" I rolled my eyes again and started down the tower. Unaware of the adventure that awaits us.

|_~_| |_~_| |_~_|

Yeah I know, that last sentence was pretty clichè. Sorry :/

If you liked this chapter, be sure to vote for it. That helps me out a lot. And it makes you pretty stinkin' wonderful.

_Kenzie-chan_