Chapter 1 - They Have Boys Here

"Who is that other guy?" Cameron asked me, "Are you cheating on me? Is that what this is?" His temper was rising, I could see it in his eyes.

"I'm telling you I'm not!" I cried for the hundredth time.

"Liar!"

"Why don't you believe me?"

"Why should I?"

"I would never cheat on you, I promise!"

"Why are you lying to me, you dumb bitch?"

Oh no. This was bad. This was very, very bad.

"Speak to me!" he roared as I stood there silent. I was scared out of my mind. I didn't know what he was going to do. I still said nothing. And that's when he finally lost it. "I said speak to me, you slut!" he yelled and slapped me around the face.

I backed away towards the door, my face screaming with pain. Tears were welling up in my eyes. He carried on screaming and shouting at me but I was no longer listening. I grabbed my bag and ran out the door. Once I was clear of the bar, I reached for my phone to call my parents.

"Mum? Mum? Are you there, please?" I said into the phone, brushing tears from my cheeks.

"Get in the car." my mum said from the other end of the phone.

"What?" I looked up to see my mum, dad and my schoolfriend Evie in a black car parked right in front of me. I smiled through the tears as Evie opened the door to let me in. "How did you know I was here?"

"I tracked your phone. I don't trust that Cameron Dallas boy. I've been tracking you since you started going out with him." mum held up her phone, showing me the app she had used.

"OK, slightly stalker-ish but OK," I said. I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and Evie noticed where Cameron had hit me.

"Oh, my goodness, Felicity! What happened?" she thought about it for a moment, "It was Cameron, wasn't it?" I nodded. "Fliss! You need to call the police!"

Before I could answer, my dad butted in, "One step ahead of you. I just got off the phone with them. They have arrested him for abuse and gang-related crimes."

Good. I should be safe from him. For now anyway.

"Now, I'm not letting you stay in this country. Not while that boy is still alive."

"What?" I asked.

"You and Evie are going to Canada."

"Oh OK, cool!"

*************

"Miss, miss! We're here!" I woke up.  I was back in the plane. A scrawny air hostess was standing over me, shaking my arm not-so-gently. Evie was waiting at the door of the plane with some of our luggage, probably scrolling through her Instagram.

"If I give you £5, can I have 10 more minutes?" I groaned.

"OK, fine." the air hostess snapped, holding out her hand impatiently.

"Oh, I forgot to mention, I don't actually have £5."

"Felicity, come on! I want to check out this 'spare mansion' of yours." Evie called from the other end of the plane. I rolled my eyes and got out of the plane.

*1 week later*

"Are you excited for school?" Evie asked as we walked down to the high school.

"Why would I be?"

"I heard there are fit guys here, not that I'm interested in that sort of thing."

"Interesting. Well, that just got exciting. Boys are going to be running after me. I am irresistible after all. And don't you worry, hon. We are going to find you the prettiest girl at this school. Apart from me of course." We laughed and walked through the school gates. I paused for a moment.

"You OK?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Go ahead, I'll catch you up." she ran into the huge grey building, disappearing among the other students. "Here we go, then. Let's rock this shit."  I said to myself before joining the growing crowd.

Here we go indeed.