Chapter 5 - Error: Fucks Not Found

I woke up groggily in a bed that wasn't my own. As I looked around, I saw that this wasn't my house either. Where was I?

I looked at myself. I still had my outfit on from last night, my hair was a mess and my makeup was smudged all over my face. I stood up, wobbling a little and looked around the house.

The room to my left had a shut door so I peeked inside. There, was Shawn Mendes, sleeping in his bed. Shirtless. The abs on that body, just. Wow. But I couldn't let him see me so I quickly shut the door and carried on investigating.

Suddenly, I started remembering what happened last night. So, Shawn must have caught me when I passed out and took me to his house until I woke up. That's so sweet. But that also means I have to go on a date with him.

Fuck no.

I looked in through the door to the right of the room I had slept in and it seemed to be the bathroom. I needed to freshen up so I threw off my clothes and stepped in the shower. About 30 minutes later, I had dried off and felt refreshed. However, I didn't have any other clothes so I wandered around in a spare dressing gown I found hanging on the door.

There was one more room on this floor at the end of the corridor. I glanced inside to see another bedroom that obviously belonged to a teenage girl. Does that mean Shawn has a sister? Interesting. I didn't want to invade her privacy so I went downstairs.

The house was fairly big, not as large as mine though. Downstairs, there was a living room to the right and a kitchen-diner to the left. I was hungry and had a headache thanks to last night so I headed to the kitchen. Sitting at the table was a girl on her phone who looked a couple of years younger than me. This must be Shawn's sister.

"Hey," I said, "I'm Felicity. Are you Shawn's sister?"

She looked up, surprised, "Yeah, I'm Aaliyah. Did you want me to get you some breakfast?"

"Yes, please." She started to find food in the fridge and cupboards.

"Are you feeling better from last night?" She asked.

"Yeah, thanks," she passed me a bowl of cereal, "Look, do you want to go to town today? I want to annoy Shawn as much as possible and I could start by leaving here without telling him. Also, I kind of lost a bet last night which means I have to go on a date with him. So now I'm trying to avoid him for as long as possible."

"Yeah, sure! Did you want to go to Nando's for lunch?" she suggested. I like this girl already.

"Hell yes! By the way, do you have any sunglasses? I am seriously hungover."

"Yeah don't worry. Also, are we taking Shawn's car?"

"Good idea, let's do that."

****************

We had ordered our food when I got a text from my phone. I turned on my phone to check. It was from Shawn. Shit.

Where were you in the morning? And why did you take my car?

I rolled my eyes.

"Is that from Shawn?" Aaliyah asked, reading my expression. I nodded and texted him back.

I went out with Aaliyah, is that OK with you?

So, where do we stand on that date?

Can we not talk about this now? Just wait until I get back, OK?

I put my phone away. "I'll be back in a second, I'm just going to the toilet." I rushed off. I came back about 5 minutes later to see Aaliyah sitting at our table with 3 other girls talking to her. She seemed pretty upset so I went to see what had happened.

"What's going on?" I asked. Aaliyah looked on the verge of tears but the other 3 girls looked pretty smug.

"We were just telling this bitch that she can't come here because no one wants to see her and her terrible fashion sense at school, let alone in Nando's." one of the girls smirked. She turned to look at me and I saw the colour drain from her face. I was way taller than her and was giving her a bitch stare. She was about to back away with her friends when I slapped her around the face. I slapped her hard. They all ran off, terrified that I might slap them too.

"Thanks," Aaliyah sniffed, wiping a tear from her cheek.

"Any time, hon. What were they saying?"

"They were just making fun of my clothes."

"You're clothes are fine! But if you really want to, we can go to Primark and give you a fresh makeover!"

1 hour later, we had emerged from Primark with loads of bags full of clothes.

********

"So where did you go?" Shawn asked back at his house.

"Just went to Nando's, Primark, you know, the usual. Also, we stole your car." I said, sorting through the stuff I had bought.

"That's not all we stole!" Aaliyah held up his credit card.

"What exactly did you use that for?" He asked.

"Funds for our trip!" We said.

"Aaliyah, can you go, please? Felicity and I need to talk about something." Shawn asked. Oh great.

"So, are we going on that date?" He asked.

"Hell no. I don't want to go on a date with you."

"But I won the bet!"

"Don't care."

"Who made you the queen?"