Chapter 9 - Now Would Be A Good Time To Be Anyone But Me

*6 months later*
It had been half a year since that date with Shawn. Luckily, we were still together and he was right, he could change. And he did. Evie and Camila were still going strong too. But most important of all, I had had no word from Cameron. Hopefully, I was safe from him here.

"Afternoon honey!" said Jeffrey. He was my butler and practically my second dad/best friend.

"Hey, Jeffrey. I'm going to turn the TV on."

"OK. You want some coffee?"

"Yes please," I said, going into the living room. I turned on the TV but the news was on. I was about to change the channel when I heard the news reporter mention a name. My dad's name. Oh, God, what has he done?

"The millionaire was found murdered in his home on Friday home. The killer has been identified by the victim's wife who survived the attack. The murderer is Cameron Dallas, an 18-year-old man who has been arrested numerous times before for gang-related crimes..."

He kept on talking but I just stopped listening. I heard random pieces of the report: Cameron had not yet been caught, Mum was there the whole time and Dad died saving her. I felt the tears slowly rolling down my face but inside I felt numb. Dad was gone. Forever. And I never got to say goodbye. Not properly anyway.

I heard Jeffrey come in the room with my coffee. The second he saw me, he dropped the cup of coffee, smashing it on the floor and ran straight to me, "Oh my gosh babes, what happened?" I just hugged him tightly and buried my head in his shoulder. He gasped pretty loudly, he must have just seen the news report and realised what had happened. "Oh sweetie," he hugged me back, "What are you two gonna do? Will you be OK? Cameron might know where you are!"

I pulled away and dried my eyes, "Oh my gosh, you're right!"

"I always am!" he winked, "But seriously, though?"

"We'll be OK, I think," I said. Honestly, I had no idea if we would. Cameron could be anywhere and the thought that he could be in Canada right now was terrifying. "I might have to cancel our double date tonight. It wouldn't be fair on them if I wasn't in the mood." Jeffrey nodded and went off to go and do something. I grabbed my phone to break the news to Shawn.

Hey, I can't come on the date later, sorry xx

Really? Why? Xx

I'm just not in the mood xx

I can fix that ;) xx

I'm sorry but I can't come. End of story x

Are you OK? Xxx

I left the conversation without replying. I didn't want Shawn to know about my family and my past. I was worried what he would think of me after. I was petrified at the thought of losing him. Especially now.

*Shawn's P.O.V.*

I looked at my screen. She had read the message but just disappeared. This was weird, Felicity always texts back. I knew something was wrong.

"What did she say?" Camila asked from the other side of our Nando's table.

"Nothing. She just left the chat!"

Evie's eyes widened, "She always replies!"

"That's what I thought. Should we go over to her house?" I asked.

"Yeah. We need to know that she's OK," she nodded.

Once we got to her house, Evie and Camila stayed in the car while I talked to her. I knocked on the door and her butler, Jeffrey, opened the door and looked very scared to see me. "Hey Jeffrey, is Fliss in?"