Chapter 39

A week later

The morning was as sweet as any other morning, birds chirping gently twittering among themselves and sunshine was yet subdued which seemed enjoyable to busk in. But Sungmi wasn't enjoying the morning like the way she always did as she slept in, which made her rush things.

"I'm so sorry Jungkook, I couldn't make breakfast, I promise I will make it up for you. "

Sungmi quickly wore a pair of her flat, as Jungkook followed behind her, ready to hit the road.

"It's ok, we can stop by a coffee shop to grab something. Don't worry."

"You sure ?"

Jungkook placed a hand over Sungmi , assuring that it wasn't a big deal.

"Umm, can I drive the car today?"

Sungmi asked him nervously as she never asked to drive his expensive car.

"Why not?!"

A leer stretched across his face as he grabbed the key of the car and locked the door of the house.

"But we gotta run or else we gonna be late, princess."

He winked at Sungmi, taking her aback.

On the way to their office, as promised Jungkook stopped nearby a bakery to grab a couple of cup of coffee and something to nibble while Sungmi decided to wait for him in the parking lot.

This is the chance

This is the chance.

Sungmi ignited the engine, as she left the parking lot, leaving Jungkook behind and the screech of the tyre.

I'm sorry Jungkook , but I had to.

Guilt was surging through her vein but she had no choice. She never thought that she would turn heartless toward a person she loved the most but she had a specific intention for which she decided to leave him.

An hour later

Jungkook had been calling nonstop and texting her but there was no sign of her response. He managed to go to his office as he had a very important meeting.