Chapter 6

The next day came and Rena noticed that something was particularly odd about Yuki. She had been silent the whole day, not talking to anyone. She had a look in her eyes that you couldn't tell what she was thinking.

"Wonder what's wrong with Yukirin?" Jurina said as she looked at the girl. "Nee, Rena-chan, should one of us go talk to her?"

Rena looked at the girl with her back turned towards them.

"Uh. I don't think we should... She doesn't look like she wants to be bothered right now..."

"Oh, come on, Rena-chan~ If you're feeling down, you would want someone to talk to, right?"

"No..." Rena grumbled to herself.

"Please go talk to her?" Jurina turned on her puppy mode, and was looking at Rena with slowly blinking eyes.

Rena huffed. "Why don't you go and talk to her yourself then?"

"Because~" Jurina had an evil glint in her eyes. "Acchan just called. She said that she made a new weapon for me, and wants me to try it out~" She held up her cellphone.

Matsui Rena pouted.

"Mou, Rena-chan~ Don't give me that face~ I promise to let you try it out later~" With that, Jurina left Rena alone.

She sighed and got up, walking to the vampire.

"Um... Y-Yuki?"

Yuki didn't look up.

"Yuki?"

The vampire still ignored her. Rena sighed.

"I know you can hear me."

"Leave me alone," she heard her voice in her head through Black's telepathy. The vampire then got up and walked away from her.

Rena looked at Yuki's retreating back, a dozen emotions running through her mind. Her hand moved seemingly on its own and grabbed Yuki's wrist, pulling her back to face the hunter.

"Don't ignore me," she said firmly.

There was a moment of silence between the two before Yuki released her hand from Rena's grip.

"What? It's not that you wanted to talk to me anyway. I'm just an evil vampire, after all."

"Trust me, I didn't."

"Then leave me alone, and don't you dare touch me like that again," Yuki said coldly before leaving.

A whistle was then heard as Yuko happened to be leaning against the wall, watching.

"Y-Yuko?! D-did you..?"

"What was that about? Yuki seems pissed."

"Ah... she didn't hear. Thank God."

Yuko walked towards the girl. "Did something happen between you two?"

"No... something just seemed to be bugging her. But she wants to be alone, so I wouldn't talk to her for a bit."

"Alright then. Oh, also, Sae mentioned Yuki was acting kinda strange when they were together yesterday."

"Eh? What do you mean?"

"Like... she kissed her cheek."

"Maji?!" Rena's eyes widened.

Yuko giggled. "Maybe Yukirin has a thing for her~"

"What?! N-no, that couldn't be... Sae's dating Sayaka," Rena said aloud, but in her head, she screamed, "She's also a cold bloodthirsty monster. There's NO way she'd fall in love with a human!"

"It's probably just a crush. It's cute, though," Yuko said. "And besides, it won't do any harm. Knowing Yukirin, she probably has a boyfriend already."

"Hell with that..."

"Ah. Or~" The short girl then gave a sly grin as she looked at Rena. "Rena~ Do you like her~?"

Rena's eyes widened. "Haa?!"