Chapter 9

The next day, Sayaka was training everyone for combat against the stronger vampires that have recently started attacking. Rena was sitting in the corner watching everyone, especially Jurina who are getting better in fighting.

Suddenly the door opened and Yuki come inside followed by Takamina.

"Hello everyone." she greeted.

"Takamina-san, what brings you here?" Jurina asked, wiping the sweat off her face with towel. Rena and Yuki steal a glance at one another.

"Today we have a guest who wants to see you guys training." Takamina said glancing at the lady who just come in the training room with huge grin.

"Hello, everyone my name is Ohori Megumi," The lady introduced.

"Ohori-san is one of the council members." Takamina explained. "She wanted to come and check up on our progress."

"Oh, is that true?"

"Yes, yes~ I've come here to see how my children are doing."

"We aren't really your children," Rena bluntly said.

Ohori grinned and looked at Yuki. "And you must be the new member."

Yuki bowed slightly.

Checking her up and down Ohori asked, "Takamina-san, if you don't mind, can I see Yuki and Rena fighting?"

"Eh?!" Both girls exclaimed.

"Why not? I'm sure you'll be impressed."

Takamina signalled the girls to the center of the room for a spar fight. Yuki and Rena glared at Takamina.

The short hunter felt a chill up her spine. "I hope I didn't do something wrong," she said before going to Sayaka and clinging to her.

"Ready, you two?"

Rena cracked her neck. "As I'll ever be..."

Yuki popped her knuckles. "Let's get this over with."

"Begin!"

"With pleasure!" Rena said punching Yuki who dodge her, twist her wrist and kicked Rena the stomach.

"I'm not going to let you do that so easily!"

"That hurts!!" Rena groans as she holds her stomach.

Yuki throws another punch again, catching the girl off guard.

"So weak! How are you supposed to fight with vampire elders?!"

"Like this!" Rena grabs the vampire girl and headlocks her, choking her neck. Yuki elbowed in her stomach and stepped on Rena's feet.

The hunter cried out, causing Takamina to cut the fight short. She and Sayaka quickly separated the two, checking on Rena so that she wasn't too hurt. Yuki noticed that Jurina was giving her an angered glare.

"I must say, you're both very strong," Ohori said as she walked to Yuki. "However, it seems that you two are going through something. You were letting emotion get to you. Did something happen?"

"What are you talking about?" Yuki asked

"You know what I'm talking about, Yuki." Ohori inched closer to Yuki's ear and whispered. "I can't imagine how pissed your mother will be right now, knowing that her own daughter betrayed her again. And all for a human girl."

Yuki's eyes widened. "Who are you?"

"Someone who used to serve your mother. Let's see how farther you can fight this time for her." the woman smirked and walked toward Takamina. "Is Rena okay?"