2

Yunhee's POV

I opened my eyes and realised it's time for me get up to go to school. I procrastinated and had a debate with myself in my head but I got up anyways.

I washed up and winced in pain as the water touched my wound. It hurts so bad that there's visible tears in my eyes.

I was about to leave for school when I saw a figure lying on the couch.

" Jung-ah, don't leave. " I heard my mom mumbled in her sleep. Jung is my dad's name, as you can see, my mom still can't move on from him.

I looked over at my mom and realised she've grown a lot older. There's a lot of wrinkles that are visible on her face and her hands are really dry since her job is dishwasher.

With hesitant, I held her hand when she's still asleep. I didn't noticed this before but my mom is growing old as i'm growing older too. I didn't want her to work so hard, especially for the money that is going to be used as my school fees.

That's when I told myself, I need to get a job.

I stood up and walked to school with the thought of different jobs in mind.

" Hey! Watch where you're g- " I bowed, to show that i'm apologetic and then I continued walking. I didn't know who I've bumped into exactly but pretty sure it's just a bump.

I got to class and placed my bag on the floor as I started to write down the different job options I have on a piece of paper.

Suddenly, someone snatched the paper away from me. " Oh, someone's searching for a job! " I heard a voice said and I stood up to face her.

" Give it back. " I said and she shook her head with a teasing smile. She smirked as she looked at the paper as she cleared her throat.

" Attention everyone ! The nerd here wants to get a job and is in need of one ! As her classmates, shouldn't we give her suggestions as well ? " She said with a smirk as she looked at me.

I rolled my eyes, " Any suggestions ? I have one, she can be a prostitute ! It could fit her perfectly ! " She said and the class started bursting into laughter.

I rolled my hand into a fist, " Give it back now! " I screamed and she looked at me with a smile.

" And what would you do if I don't ? " I let out a long sigh as I looked over at her.

" Please just give it back. " I said, I can't believe I'm so polite to this inhumane thing.

She smirked and nodded, she was about to pass me the paper when she tore it in my face and acted as if she didn't do it on purpose.

" Oops ! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it. " She said as she burst into laughter with her group of germs. She threw the paper on the floor.

She crossed her arm, " If it's so important to you, pick it up from the floor then. " I held in my anger and bend down to pick up the torn paper.

As I was picking the torn paper, she sat on my back and acted as if I was her personal chair. " Maybe your part time job can be a personal chair for me, I can provide you with a meal per day. "

She laughed and I held in my anger again. I know that if I do anything and if it becomes a big issue, my mom would be called down and she would know what exactly happened to me in school and I didn't want that to happen.

Just then, the teacher entered the class and she quickly went back to her seat. acting like nothing happened.

What a beetroot.

During lunch break, as usual I didn't go for lunch. I suddenly had the urge to go to the washroom so I left the classroom.

When I got back, I saw the same piece of post-it pasted on my desk.

" Hey..
I saw what happened today.
They are going too far, you're not their dog or personal chair. You are a precious star.
You did well for the test and i'm really proud of you even though you don't know who am I :)
Please stay strong !! :D "

I smiled and kept it in my pocket, I looked around but no one was around. Even though it's such a simple act, and she might not have helped me out but this small action made my day and made me feel loved.

When class finally ended for the day, I was about to leave when they blocked the door. " So are you happy ? "

" You got the highest in class again. " She said with a fake smile, " You're really disobedient, don't you think so ? Can't you just be a good girl ? "

I shoved past them but they caught me and brought me to the abandoned classroom again. The leader smirked, " Did you know my mom scolded me so badly yesterday because I didn't score well ? "

" Her definition of didn't score well is getting second in class and we all know who got first. " She glared at me.

" You need to pay. " She said as she took out a pair of scissors, the rest of them held me back as she looked at me with an evil smile.

She went nearer to me and started to cut my hair off as I was screaming my lungs out. I saw students standing outside the class looking at me getting tormented, but none of them did anything.

I gave up on humans.

I pushed the scissors away from me and it apparently scratched her and she started bleeding, she glared at me. " How dare you ?! "

She slapped me and pushed me towards the ground, " You're such a curse! No wonder your dad left you and your mom because both of you are worthless! "

That's it.

You can talk about me but no one is allowed to insult my mom.

I pushed her off of me and gave her a slap, " Don't ever talk about my mom like that! " I screamed in her face, she was shocked but it soon turned into a smirk.

" Suddenly our dog became a hero for her mom. " She burst into laughter, " But she needs to know that she can't change the fact about how worthless her and her mom is. "

I pushed her to the ground but I controlled my hand from punching her. For my mom, for my future, I have to stop myself.

She smirked, " Get her off of me! "

They dragged me off of her and slammed me against the concrete wall, " Do you think you're so powerful ? Let me tell you, you're not and you will never be. "

" You've embarrassed me just now, do you know that ? " She glared at me as she squeezed my face harshly, her fingernails are poking into my cheeks.

She smirked and that's when I know she don't have a good idea. She stood up and dragged a chair, she sat on it.

" You know what dogs are good at ? barking. So crawl around on your legs and bark like a dog and i'll think about giving you a meal. " She chuckled.

" You're going too far! " I screamed and she stood up and walked towards me. She placed a strand of my hair behind my ear, " Let me show you what's the meaning of going too far. "

My pupils shivered in fear as she held the chair and aimed it towards me. She swing it backwards and slammed it towards me.

I closed my eyes.

Please save me from this torture.

7th June 2018

Honestly this chapter isn't as good but i have to say that i'm really thankful for all your support! I didn't expect many people to read this book so i'm really really thankful !! <3