Four - Volleysoccer

Chapter Four

   - Volleysoccer

When Michael and I arrived at Ashton's house, I could already feel a headache coming. I walked towards the house, where I could recognise quite a few people. There was bottles of alcohol everywhere, I felt as though if I didn't watch where I was stepping I was going to step on one, fall over and break my spine or something. I followed Michael until we reached the kitchen. 

"Did you keep in touch with Ashton?" I asked, observing the kitchen. It was pretty average, but I couldn't really see much of it because there was bottles of beer everywhere.

"Nah. I found out from one of my friends. He said that anyone could come." He replied. I felt that he was lying, but I couldn't exactly tell. He was a pretty good liar, after all he had told me that he didn't keep in touch with Calum, and it seemed a lot like he did when they say each other at McDonald's.

"Okay." I mumbled, grabbing one of the James Boags bottles off the bench and twisting the cap off. I lifted it to my mouth and started to drink. I didn't just sip it, I almost drank half the bottle at once. I knew that the beer I was drinking was vegan, because I had had it before. Michael started at me while I drank, he probably thought it was my first time and I was going to pass out.

"You might want to slow down." He said, grabbing one for himself. He sipped his, he probably wouldn't even finish his. I felt slightly strange, because I hadn't tasted it in a while, but it didn't take long until I was almost finished.

"Let's just say, I know what I'm doing." I smiled. Michael and I stayed in the kitchen for a while, until he decided that I was too boring and he needed to find people more exciting and party. He must've realised that I was an uninteresting drunk, not a hilarious one that streaks the town. I wasn't even drunk yet, but I was an emotional drunk, I was probably about to start sobbing.

Grabbing my second drink, I lifted myself onto the kitchen table and sat on it because my legs were sore. I had never been someone who could stand up for a while, and I was also a massive hypochondriac, so I thought it was way worse than I thought. A normal person probably felt it when they walked anywhere and thought it was normal. But I thought I could break my leg or something if I stood for too long.

A couple of minutes after I had started my third drink, two people stumbled into the kitchen as they were eating each other's faces. I decided that I didn't exactly want to watch two people have sex, so I headed outside to get fresh air and get away from everyone. When I finally made it outside, there was possibly even more people, so I walked to the backyard. There was only a couple of people there, I figured it was the best place I was going to find and sat down against the fence.

The backyard was quite nice. There was a lot of plants around, outlining the whole yard. In the corner closest to me, there was a small swing set that a couple were making out on. There was a picnic bench on the other side of the backyard that I could've sat on, but there was a lot of bottles of around it, and I didn't exactly want to have the scent of alcohol on my clothes for a year. It was far better than my backyard, the highlight of ours was a tiny kiddie pool that had about ten holes in it and had been there since I was three.

Taking a swig from my drink, I looked up and noticed that someone was coming towards me. I wasn't quite sure who it was, as my vision was just about doubling, but as soon as they were about a metre away from myself, I realised that it had been Calum. Exactly who I needed to see. "Why are you here?" He asked.

"Because my friend took me." I said, dragging on 'me'. He rolled his eyes, knowing that I was drunk or almost drunk.

"You mean Michael? Because I'm pretty sure you have no other friends." He smirked, and readjusted the snapback that sat on his head. I finished off my drink, and threw it on the ground.