♬High Notes♬

Western Sky

Y/N and IU were going to do a duet of Western Sky for 2015's awards show. Everyone was very excited, especially Jungkook because they're two of his favorite singers.

The two of them were at the opposite ends of the stage and stitting down on a stool.

IU started off the song and you can clearly hear the emotions in her voice, same with Y/N when she started to sing as well.

At 1:02, Y/N's voice became strong, especially the last word '-deusi'. After that, IU sang with a strong voice as well, but when Y/N sang, it was obvious her voice was more powerful than IU's (no shade, I like IU).

And that semi-high note Y/N did at 1:33 brought goosebumps to some people. Then, at the 1:54, she held a high note that lasted 11 seconds which made people cheer before quieting again as IU continued to sing in a soft voice once again.

Almost everyone had their eyes closed as they listened to IU's soft tone, then at 2:20, their eyes widen.

"Geunareul gidaramyeo!!!!!! Oh!!! Oh-oh-OH!!!!!!" Y/N sang, tilting her head up a little at each note she hit, this made the audience's eyes exit their sockets and ARMYs cheered loudly.

THIS WAS COMING FROM AN 18-YEAR-OLD GIRL (Dope Era).

And after that epic high note, she still had the breath to continue her part.

"Neol itgo sipeunde!!!!" IU and Y/N looked at each other while making the high note (Y/N's being more louder/noticable).

"Hajiman-" IU spoke softly once again, then looked at Y/N again, "-nan neol saranghae~~"

When the music stops, IU and Y/N bowed and eveeyone applauded, shouting their names. The two of then went backstage where IU attacked Y/N with a big and tight hug.

"OMG, you hit that note higher than the ones at the rehearsals!!!" IU squealed, "I'm so proud!!! I still can't believe your voice can go that high!!!!"

"Kamsahabnida, IU-unnie!!! Your vocal range is high too!!!" Y/N hugged her back.

"Not as high as yours though!!!" IU squealed again.

The two of them got their makeup retouched and changed back to their outfits that they used to get here. When they have to go back to where they sit, IU fangirled over her high note again and gave her a hug before they went to their seats.

When Y/N got back to her group, they immediately bombarded her with;

"WOAH, WHAT WAS THAT!!??"

"HOW!!!?"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US YOU CAN REACH THAT HIGH!!!?"

"THAT WAS AMAZING!!!"

Y/N blushed and hid her face in her hands, the boys laughed at her shyness and told them they were really proud of her.