Expect the unexpected

VIRAT x SAMAIRA

Silence in the room deepened with each passing second. She could feel the shift in the room's atmosphere with Virat's presence alone. Even the faint hum of the ceiling fan seemed unusually loud to her. Her legs felt like they might give way beneath her.

Disaster stood before her, unmistakably.

His eyes scanned her from head to toe, exhaling a sigh of relief at finding her there. Her absence throughout the day had clearly unsettled him deeply.

He knew that just her presence was enough to quell the turmoil raging within him.

He stood, gazing at her with heartfelt intensity, still contemplating which of her features he missed most. It took him only a moment to realize it wasn't any specific feature—it was simply her presence, everything else secondary.

Sensing his eyes on her, she lacked the courage to meet his passionate gaze head-on. Instead, she looked down, avoiding those mesmerizing eyes of his.

She felt different, her insides twisting every time his gaze lingered on her.

He wanted to be where she was, wherever she would be, always.

He wanted to be her shadow.

Moving closer, he halted beside her, causing her to gulp in fear. She had no idea what would happen next.

Once more, he studied her beautiful face, taking in every breathtaking detail before him, amazed each time how her mere presence could soothe his soul, even after his eyes had been filled with anger moments before.

She dared to meet his gaze, and the instant their eyes connected, he felt complete, as if her eyes were the only escape from every mistake he had made in the past and every sin he might commit in the future.

Her innocent expression softened him slightly, yet he remained resolute in his actions.

Taking her wrist without a word, he led her out of the room.

She was too shocked to react; no words came to her lips.

Ignoring any potential for a scene, he took her straight to the terrace. He didn't care who might see them or what rumors might spread. All that mattered was that Samaira was now in front of his eyes after an entire day of worry.

She looked apprehensive, afraid of the intensity in the man standing before her.

"Where were you?" he asked calmly, yet his voice carried an undeniable strength.

She sensed a hint of hurt in his voice, though the reason remained a mystery to her.

She hesitated, gathering her thoughts in the silence.

"I won't repeat my question samaira" his voice coming a bit loud, stepping closer to her beautiful face.

"Why do you care so much about where I was?" she replied, daring to question him.

He smirked, amused by her defiance.

"Do you really want me to answer that now?" he raised an eyebrow.

Feeling vulnerable, she knew that a simple "yes" from her would prompt him to voice everything on his mind, and she might not be prepared to hear it.

Choosing to remain silent and wear a puppy-dog expression seemed like the best course of action.

He took her hand, drawing her closer, leaving her breathless.

His warmth enveloped her, melting her in his embrace. Her heart fluttered silently.

Again, he asked the same question.

He smelled good, she thought, her mind still reeling from the situation.

"I... I went to meet an old friend for shopping," she lied, feeling compelled to do so.

He noticed how she nervously bit her lip while speaking. His admiration for her grew even more.

Her confession softened him; he realized how easily she could dispel his anger.

He suspected she wasn't telling the truth, but decided not to press further. His purpose for being there lay elsewhere.

"This is the first and last time..." his voice softened, easing her anxiety.

"The first and last time for what?" she asked, meeting his gaze.

"The first and last time I wasn't aware of where you were. Next time, I want to know everything, wherever you are" he declared with calm authority.

She was shocked; they had barely been together a week, and he already acted as though he owned her.

"Why are you like this, Virat?" she inquired sincerely, genuinely wanting to understand.

"Samaira, I want to know wherever you go," his tone left no room for debate.

Deciding not to push further, knowing she wouldn't win in an argument with Virat, she dropped the subject.

"Forget all this. Here's something for you," his sudden change in demeanor puzzled her, prompting her to furrow her brow and question what was happening.

He smiled, she smiled; and he found a reason to endure this cruel world—to witness that breathtaking smile.

Somewhere amidst the chaos of their lives, a bond was forming.

"Tomorrow is the freshers' party! I bought you a dress. Wear this," he handed her a bag.

She stared at him in disbelief.

"What?" she rolled her eyes, causing his heart to sink at her expression.

She was magical; he wanted to understand every part of it.

"Let me tell you, you are hard to resist, and I have no self-control. Don't blame me if something happens," he winked, leaving her stumbling over her words.

Her eyes widened at his statement; this guy was unbelievable.

Damn his straightforwardness!

"I'm not taking this," she replied bluntly, ignoring what he had just said.

"I'm not asking you. I'm telling you to wear it tomorrow. No more questions, babe," he declared firmly.

There was no room for further discussion.

"But..." she scratched her head, uncertain.

He chuckled at her confusion.

"Don't worry, it will fit perfectly. If you want, I can guess your exact measurements right now," he smirked, leaving her gasping.

How did he know she was worried about whether the dress would fit?

His actions puzzled her.

"Samaira, just remember what I said. I want to know wherever you are and i won't repeat it" with this final, ominous statement, he left her in utter shock.

The more she tried to understand him, the more complex he became.

One thing she knew for sure—he wasn't the same with others, and for some reason, she was curious to know more about him.

Insomnia claimed her that night, her thoughts consumed by yet another unexpected turn in her life and the days that lay ahead.

-
Thoughts?