Chapter 2

End Up Here- Chapter 2

(Sorry about this update, I'm so sleepy)

Luke's Pov

•••

My friends Calum, Michael and Ashton left to go to the school band rehearsal, leaving me to sit under a tree all by myself. I watched all the cliques go by me, they didn't notice me, I don't think anybody does. I hummed along to 'heart-shaped box', one of my favourite tracks by nirvana which was blasting from my earphones.

I felt someone gently tapping on my shoulder, pausing the music, I looked up to see who it was. I gulped. The sight of her beauty blew me away once again.

"What'cha listening to?" The crimson haired girl said before sitting down beside me.

"A bit of everything to be honest."

"Well go on, pass me an earphone." a light chuckle escaped her lips, it was adorable.

I pressed play and we sat there for about twenty minutes listening to whatever song came on my phone, it was amazing to know a girl that knew every song on this playlist.

She began to sing quietly to herself at the song which was gently being played in our ears,

" Hey Julie, look what they're doing to me, trying to trip me, trying to wear me down..." Her voice was so soft and gentle, she truly does sing like an angel.

"You have an amazing voice." I croak.

"I could say the same about you."

"Huh?" I ask, the confusion in my voice was clearly obvious.

"I heard you singing along too."

Her delicate laugh surrounded us as my cheeks got pinker and pinker.

She took out the earphone, I copied her. We sat in silence, looking at the old, dull building which was infront of us.

"So Luke tell me about yourself." She said, turning herself around to face directly at me.

"What do you want to know?" I ask, there is nothing to tell.

"Everything."

"Well I am Luke Hemmings, I have two brothers, I live with my parents. I go to this shithole five days a week. In my spare time I sing and play the guitar, I sometimes write songs. I enjoy playing FIFA, eh, I spend my weekends with my 3 friends, I guess we are a band, yeah. I like punk rock music and I'm not sure if you could tell but I'm nowhere near popular, I'm a nerd." I laugh.

"Nerds are good though." She states, bringing back the blush to my cheeks.

"So, what about you?" I ask.

Melanie sighs before looking straight into my eyes, "That's my secrets for you to find out."

I didn't know how to respond, it was such a mysterious answer. I sat staring at the brightness of her red hair and the way it was beginning to blow back gently in the breeze.

Our silence was broken at the continuous beeping noise coming from her phone. She slipped it out her pocket.

"Ugh, does he ever stop?!" She groans.

"Hmm?"

"Jason. He got my number and won't stop bothering me." I nod slightly, even though she was complaining I felt envious at the thought that that douche-bag has her number and I don't.

"Shoot! I better get ready for p.e, nice seeing you luke." She says, slinging her badged, rucksack onto her shoulder and got back onto her feet.

"You too Melanie!"

"Call me Mel, you idiot!" She laughs, "Pass your phone?".

I stood up, passing her over my phone. Her height made me able to tower over her. I found it cute in a way.

"There." She says, giving me back my phone. I was watching her walk away until she turned back around.

"Wait, Luke!" She jogged over to me and went on the tip of her toes, placing a soft, gentle kiss on my cheek then turned back round.

I couldn't help but like the fluttering feeling that was taking over my body. I rested my fingers on my cheek in aw, where previously her lips were placed, watching her run off back to the building.

I couldn't get the smug smile off my face and I liked it being there.

A/N

2nd chapter! Sorry for typos!! Opinions?:)xx