Chapter Four

Now it was time to leave to our battle center. I ran up to Izuku and gave him a hug. 

"E-Emiko w-what are you doing?"

"Giving you good luck." I gave him a peck on the cheek."A good luck kiss." I turned around and walked towards my group, leaving him flustered. When I looked back, he was looking at me, turned even redder and held the cheek I kissed. I chuckled and continued on.

Shoto's POV

I sat in the room with the other recommended kids. We got the opportunity to watch the examinees at the entrance exam. My eyes scanned the screen until they caught sight of a familiar red-head. I smirked at the thought of her being a hero. I haven't seen her since she moved in with our aunt. I guess now I have someone to cheer on.

I kept my eye on Emiko as she went through villains. She was taking them down left and right. If I counted correctly, she now had 23 points. She's protected herself and two other people when the zero point villain attacked with her ice disk. From what I've seen, her throwing and aiming have gotten better since the last time I saw her.  After Present Mic declared the ten minutes over, she clutched her head. 'Still getting those brain freezes, I see'  

Emiko POV

After It was all over and done, Recovery girl came by and helped those who got hurt. Personally, I was fine, all I had was a brain freeze. But one boy had one of the smaller bots punch him pretty bad. She gave him a large kiss on the cheek, using her quirk. 

I walked home with Izuku, who seemed pretty miserable. We walked in silence until we had to part. We said our goodbyes and I walked inside, setting my bag down by the door.

"Hello, Auntie, I'm home." The second I spoke, she came barreling down the hallway and engulfed me in a bear hug. 

"You're home! How was it? Was it fun? Was it hard? Well, of course, it was hard. It's U.A.!" I covered her mouth to keep her from rambling.  

"It was fine. It was kinda fun, I guess. But I'm tired out because of it."  

"Okay. You have to tell me everything though. I'll start on dinner."

"Oh, I'll help."

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO!" She pushed me back until I fell onto the sofa. "You need to relax. You've had a long day. I'll make dinner. You just need to relax."

"Thank you, Auntie." I laid down and closed my eyes, giving in to my aunt's wishes.

~

"Emiko! Wake up! Dinner time!" I shot up from my resting place.

"How long was I out?" I yawned.

"Not long." Auntie reassured me, "Just long enough for me to make dinner." I nodded. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and sat down at the dinner table. I ate quickly and thanked her for the meal and offered to do the dishes, which she refused. "You've had a long day, Emiko. Like I said earlier, it's time to relax and wait until the U.A. letter comes in." I nodded and headed off to bed. 

~

I knocked on Izuku's door, in hopes to see him. The door open, revealing his mother, Inko Midoriya. 

"Hello, Mrs. Midoriya. Is Izuku home?"  She nodded and allowed me to walk inside. She turned to me and whispered.

"Izuku has been down in the dumps lately, after the U.A. exam." I nodded, showing her I understand. I walked over to Izuku, who was sitting on his sofa and poked his shoulder.

"Oh, h-hey Emiko. How have you been?"  He stood up, facing me.

"Great!" I lunged forward and wrapped my arms around him. He returned the gesture with a light pink dusting his face. "But I'm still nervous." He chuckled and looked at me.

"Why should you be? Your quirk is amazing! You'll definitely get in and become a top hero!" I smiled at his kind words. 

"Thank you,"   I mumbled, looking down to hide the blush creeping up to my face. We sat down and talked for a while more, pausing when his mother burst through the door.

"Izu-Izu-Izu...Izu-Izu-Izuku!" She held out a small letter. "It's here! It came! It's here!" Izuku reluctantly walked over and took it out of her hands. 

"EMIKO! THE LETTER CAME!" I quickly recognized the voice as my overenthusiastic Auntie and excused myself.  

"Best of luck, Izuku."

"You too, Emiko." I smiled and walked towards the door.

"Tell your Auntie I say Hello!" Mrs. Midoriya said, waving.

"Of course!"  I swiftly walked over to my home, next door. I open the door, only to have my Auntie throw herself at me, and bear hug me. As you may have learned, my aunt's a hugger.

I sat down on the sofa and opened the letter. A small metal box came out.

"I am here as a projection!" A hologram came up with All Might shouting. 

"Auntie, come here! I want you to see this." Those were the words she was waiting to hear.  She ran out from behind the corner, where she was planning on eavesdropping on me.

"A hologram," Auntie exclaimed. "I wouldn't expect anything less from U.A.! They always have been flashy."

"You passed the written exam, and got 26 points on the practical exam, plus another 21 in rescue points. Which put you in Fourth Place!" 

Tears began to fill both mine and my aunt's eyes.

"You pass. Come here to U.A and learn to become the hero you aspire to be!"

I was jumping up and down with joy, tears spilling and running down my face.  The projection left and my aunt was jumping around.

"My niece is going to U.A.! She's going to become a hero!" 

'Yeah, I am. The best hero I possibly could be.' 

~~~

~Murphy