Chapter Five

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" I rubbed my eyes and groaned. I drowsily sat up and looked around. My aunt was smiling ear to ear.  "It's your first day at U.A. so I woke up early and made you breakfast!" I smiled and observed her. She looked like she woke up an hour ago, with her white hair tied up in a messy bun, and comfy sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt on. 

"Thank you!" I dragged myself out of my warm and comfy bed and into the shower.  After a cold shower, I brushed my hair and pulled it into two high pigtails.  I threw on my uniform and walked out to the dining table, which had, as promised, breakfast. I quickly ate and thanked my aunt for the delicious food.   

Her eyes began filling with tears. "I'm so proud of you! My niece, going to U.A. to become a hero! Your mother would be so proud!" I wrapped my arms around her and smiled. 

"Thank you so much. I couldn't have done it without you!" I released her from my hug and pulled out my phone for a time check. "I have to leave, I'll see you when I get home!" I grabbed an apple and walked out the door. 

Izuku was waiting outside my door, daydreaming. When the door closed, he snapped back into reality. "Ready?" He asked. I nodded and walked beside him. 

Once we got there, we searched for 1A.  We found the door, which was really big.

"Man, this is huge. Are there giants here?" Izuku mumbled. He pushed the door open and held it for me to walk in. Once I did, I heard talking.

"Take your feet off of this desk now!" The boy who pointed out Izuku said to Katsuki, who was smirking back. 

"Huh?" He said, mockingly.

"Don't you think it is rude to the U.A. upperclassman and the people who made the desk?"     

"Nope! What junior high did you go to, you side character?"

"I attended Somei private academy. My name is Tenya Iida."

"Somei? So you're a damn elite, huh? Looks like I'll have fun crushing you."

Iida flinched at his words. "Crushing? Do you truly aim to be a hero?" Katsuki scoffed and then noticed us.  After that, all the attention was on me and Izuku. I got shy when everyone's stares were on us. Iida marched over to us. "Good morning! I am from Somei academy ad my name is-"

Izuku put his hands in front of him. "It's okay! We heard." He stopped marching and stared. "I'm Midoriya and this is Todoro-"

"Call me Emiko," I stated, interrupting him. "Nice to meet you, Iida." I slipped past him and looked around the room. Then I saw him. I smiled and waved at Shoto. His normally neutral expression turned into a small, barely noticeable, smile. I broke off the eye contact and sat down in my seat. 

"This is the hero course." A monotone voice spoke. "It took you eight second before you were quiet."  A man unzipped and stepped out of a yellow sleeping bag. "Time is limited. You kids are not rational enough." He seemed so tired and worn out. "I'm your homeroom teacher, Shota Aizawa. Nice to meet you." The room erupted in gasps. "I know this is sudden, but I'll need you to put these on and meet me on the field." He pulled out a gym outfit. 

After changing, he told us that we were doing a quirk assessment test. 

"But we'll miss orientation."    

"If you really want to make it in the big leagues, you can't be spending your time at such pointless events. Here at U.A., we are not tethered to traditions, so I get to run my class how I see fit. You've been taking standardized tests all your lives, but you never got to use your quirks in physical exams before. That's because the country is still trying to pretend we are all created equal." He paused and looked at Katsuki. "Bakuguo, you managed to get the most points on the entrance exam. What was your farthest distance thrown with a softball in junior high?"