Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1:

        Both of my parents died in a car accident. I had no other family, both my parents were only children, and their parents were all deceased. I was bumped from foster home to foster home for almost  two years, until everything changed. 

        "Kelly! Kelly!" I awoke to the sound of my roomate, six-year-old Casey jumping on top of me. 

        "What do you want?" I asked, annoyed. Casey had a habit of being a bit of a nusance. 

        "Somebody is here to see you!" She yelled. I sat up immediately. 

        "Here to see me?" I asked, shocked.

        "Yes! It's that lady that brought you here." She smiled at me.

        "My social worker?" I asked, angered at the fact she had woken me up for this.

        My social worker and I didn't have the best relationship. She was the one who bumped me from foster home to foster home and she was the one who couldn't find me a permanent home. I blamed her for most of my troubles. 

        Eventually, I decided to go downstairs and see what she wanted. Still in my red flannel pajama pants and oversized white t-shirt, I got to the bottom of the stairs to see my social worker, Carrie standing there, beaming from ear to ear. 

        "Kelly!" She looked so excited she could barely stand still. 

        "Yes?" I asked.

        "I have great news!" She smiled. 

        "What news?" 

        "Great news!"

        "Yeah, I know, you just said that. But what's the news..." 

        "Oh! Duh!" She laughed. "Here, let's go for a walk." 

        I threw on a pair of flip-flops and Carrie ushered me out of the house and onto the sidewalk. We lived in New York City, so the streets were busy as expected. We found a bench not from my foster home and we both sat.

        "So, what's this 'news' of yours?" I asked, as if I had already lost interest mostly because I honestly didn't have any interest. 

        "I found you a home." She said softly, still smiling from ear to ear.

        "You what?" I screamed, jumping up from the bench and immediately going back down to give her a hug. 

        "I found you a home! But not just any home..." She said. 

        "What do you mean?" I asked, starting to get suspicious. 

        "I found your brother." She laughed, almost out of disbelief.

        "I...I have a brother?" I stuttered. 

        "Yes, you do! His father is your father, and your mother is his mother!" She explained.

        "And, I can go live with him?" I asked, excitedly. 

        "Yes, of course!" She shouted.        

        "Ok, where does he live? Can we go there now?" I was so excited I could barely contain myself. I had a brother and a home. 

        "Well," A nervous look crossed her face. "He doesn't quite live close..."

        "What do you mean?" I asked, concerned. I didn't want to leave New York. I had so many friends here. 

        "He lives in Barcelona." She said tentatively. 

        "BARCELONA?" I screamed. "He lives in Spain?" 

        "Yes, he does." She bit her lip, looking nervous.  

        "Ok, we can talk about that later. What's my brothers name?" I wondered. 

        "Well...." Her voice started shaking. 

        "Let me rephrase that...who is my brother?" He must be well known, if not, why would she be nervous to tell me who he is?

        "He plays soccer!" She laughed, trying to change the subject.

        "Who is he, Carrie?" I was beginning to get worried. 

        "His name is..." She paused.

        "His name is..." I repeated.

        "Neymar. His name is Neymar." She clinched her teeth. 

        "Neymar? As in Neymar Junior, the soccer player?" I said, my voice shaking out of disbelief. 

        "Yes, the soccer player. You're brother is Neymar Da Silva Santos Junior."