Chapter 11: Airport Pick Up

On a very small and narrow wooden bridge, I hang onto Lu Jun's arm as we saunter forward. On the opposite side, Sen Yu Ming is holding a beautiful woman by the waist as he walks in our direction. In such a small world, you often run into the most undesirable people.

Sen Yu Ming says, "Get out of the way!"

Lu Jun says, "You get out of the way!"

Sen Yu Ming gestures to the beauty at his side and says proudly, "I'm in a hurry. My fiance and I are on our way to the church to get married."

Lu Jun points to me and says even more proudly, "We are in even more of a hurry. We are on our way to the hospital to have our first child!"

I look down only to see that my stomach has grown large, round like a pregnant woman. A wave of soreness courses through my abdomen, as if something wants to rush out between my legs.

Sen Yu Ming and his beauty immediately step aside, nodding obsequiously, "You guys are more urgent. You guys are more urgent."

I smile victoriously, but then for whatever reason, my stomach suddenly swells as if something is going to rush out. I collapse with great difficulty on the bridge, crying out, "I can't do this! I'm having the baby now!"

Amidst the pain, I open my eyes only to find that the intense pain is actually because of bathroom urgency! Ehhh...

After taking a trip to the restroom, I feel as if my whole body is light and free. Sometimes when you have to go, you have to go!

Thinking about the dream, I have a thought: Based on Lu Jun's status and looks, he is a good deal better compared to Sen Yu Ming's qualities. If I take Lu Jun to my class reunion, everyone would admire him jealously and nobody would bring up the fact that Sen Yu Ming had dumped me.

My eyes begin to sparkle and immediately, I hustle up to the general manager's office, planning to use all of my abilities to convince him to accompany me to the class reunion.

But there isn't even a shadow in the general manager's office. I find out from a co-worker that while I was recharging on the sofa, he had boarded the plane and is now mid-flight, and that he wouldn't return from his business trip until the 8th.

Darn! The class reunion is on the evening of the 7th, and you don't get back until the 8th. What a way to pick a time!

Close to the end of my working hours, Lu Jun sends me a text message: Open the book cabinet in the office.

I open the cabinet suspiciously and discover that there's a pretty bag. Inside the bag is an ornate box, and inside the box is a beautiful skirt.

It is love at first sight. Although there's the old saying that beggars can't be choosers, this time, being the beggar is definitely worth it!

If Lu Jun gave me an expensive, flashy skirt that would be the envy of everyone, I would treasure it dearly. But I would put it away carefully and wouldn't wear it. However, this light blue, knee-length skirt with its delicate and refreshing design and its simple appearance, it can still showcase the girl-next-door without being overly princess-y. I love it.

I take the skirt and head home happily. I try it on when I get home and it fits as if it was made for me.

Viewing myself in the mirror, I begin to realize that Lu Jun's taste is the best of all.

Before going to bed, I think and ponder for a while before I finally decide to give Lu Jun a call.

The phone rang three times before it is connected, and the leisurely voice directly asks, "Is there something going on?"