Chapter 4: The Sisters' Reunion

Mally Johnson finally took her eyes off the muddy dirt and raised her eyes to the circle of men in shadowed cloaks surrounding her and Chenoa, two in the middle of the circle and kicking both her and her friend. "Get up slugs!" The guards laughed and boomed. As they saw Chenoa's face, their strict faces immediately were cast away and became grins.

"Oh. It's only you." The guards mocked, a smug smile casting away their grin. They held up their hands, and they pointed to Chenoa, muttering, "Wait 'till he hears this!" And "How could a little punk like her even have escaped the castle?"

"Oh, shut up, will you? I'm the one you want, not her! Stop bullying her and come out and fight me instead!" Mally retorted, earning a nasty glare from the guards. "Come out and fight me, then you will know what I'm truly made of!"

If only for a second she thought that she saw the men hesitate after what she had said, but they resumed back to their normal posture as if nothing had happened, and in a harsh tone replied, "Oh look, it's Mally Johnson, the king's daughter. Such a disgrace. We could defeat you easily if we wanted to. But we cannot, due to the king's orders. He wants you alive. What does he want with such a little girl like you?" They sneered at her and jeered awful things at her, but she remained strong. They ought to pay for what they did to her mother. They would pay for their awful treachery. She needed a sword to finish this nonsense. Suddenly, she heard a swish through the trees and two girls appeared, hand in hand. One girl had blonde hair tied up in a loose bun behind her head, and perfect skin, without pimples. She was wearing a pale blue dress that reached to her thighs and dark blue stretch pants. She was also wearing teal sandals. The other girl had such plain brown hair that it looked like tree bark. Her face was ridden of expression and it looked like she had pale brown skin. She had on a long black striped shirt with dark navy blue overalls over it. The girl had long black pants. Finally, she also had on white socks which had an apple and a bat on it and black Converses. The two girls stood next to each other and the brown headed girl stepped forward with her hands on fire and shot fire out of her hands at the guards, who ran away in cowardice.

"Well, I think you've found your answer, Mally. Those are your sisters, standing in front of you," Chenoa whispered into Mally's ear, breaking the silence as she pushed Mally forward to the blonde headed girl.

"Coral, at your service!" Coral saluted and bowed to Mally, smiling cheerfully all the while. The brown haired girl punched Coral and hissed, "Why are you giving away personal information to a stranger?"

"She's not a stranger! I can feel it, Gala." Coral countered back.

"There's no such thing, Coral. I told you already, you have zero powers. How could you possibly know anything?" Gala scolded.

"Stop, this must be the hundredth time you've reprimanded me! Besides, you just gave away more personal information!" Coral retorted. Mally hummed gently, awkwardly waiting for the tension to be broken.

"So, umm, do you guys want to go swimming or something?" Mally suggested, awkwardly breaking the tension between her two sisters. Both Gala and Coral looked at each other hurriedly as Coral's rosy face turned into a shocked frown.

"We've probably got to go.......," Coral croaked and followed Gala who had started running toward the edge of the trees.

"Ohh! And thank you for saving me! Maybe we'll meet again! If you need me, my name is Mally Johnson!" Mally thanked tentatively, feeling forgotten after their rushed getaway. The only time she would meet her sisters, and they were already mad at her for some unknown reason. Suddenly, Mally heard a snap of a branch behind her, and she spun around, only to find both of her sisters were standing there.