6// Blessed

Opal dressed in the uniform she was presented. A long dress in a forest green color, the color of Alexsander's royal house. Apparently this dress was required in order to be in his home.

Opal fought back the urge to scream in frustration. Damn him, she thought as if this wasn't embarrassing enough. Opal slipped on a pair of flats before heading out the door.

By the time she found the throne room she had reach her full capacity for emotions. After keeping the events of the past few days bottled up inside, she was afraid of the explosion that was doomed to happen. Alexsander sat before her, his expression blank until he caught sight of her.

"You look well," he smirked "for a human." Opal wasn't sure how to respond other than to clench her fist in frustration.

"Thanks," she forced out as she returned his stare. She glanced around his home. Massive displays of gold and other age old items worth millions lined the walls.

"Relics of the past," Alexsander waves off casually.

"Alexsander," Opal started as she thought of her home again. She had to get out of here somehow.

"Please, call me Sander. Most people do, I was told it was more modern."

No really, Opal thought with a laugh, but whatever. "Sure," she faked a smile at him "Sander, can I please return home?"

"To my brother," Sander huffed as he rotated a cup in the palm of his hand.

"To freedom," Opal rectified with a frown. "It's not about him or you," she promised as she gripped her dress in frustration.

"Normally, I would say yes and return you to my dear," Sander curse at that last word "brother but by law I am not able to."

"What law," Opal changed, "the original sacrifice law never stated that you couldn't return home with your master's permission."

"Ahh," Sanders smirked "I remember reading you went to community college for law. Higher education indeed," he scuffed. "Our lawful arrangement isn't a part of your sacrifice law. It's apart of law 8249, I had to pull some strings to get to you."

"So I'm stuck here until I find a way around law 8249?"

Sander smiled at her again, his eyes alright with amusement. He had met many humans over the years but none who were this hopeful, at least not in his presence. "The law was made by us, the immortals, I doubt you'll be finding a loophole anytime soon."

Opal ignored him and returned his gaze. "There's a computer in my room, isn't there?"

"Yes."

"I'll get started," Opal said as she turned to leave. She felt a hand on her shoulder only a second later.

"Do be careful, human child." Opal didn't know why, but the look on Sander's face sent shivers down her spine.

"Come help me," Opal said. It took every bit of courage to ask him. "You surely don't want to be stuck with someone like me for the next like 89 years." When Opal alluded to her mortality Sander looked up at her, his eyes shown agony. A secret that was hidden just below his stone exterior.

"You're not going to die in 89 years, Opal." She smiled up at him, thankful for the reassurance. Maybe he wasn't so bad?

"As far as assisting you in your loophole search. I'm sure Alasdair will see that you're well assisted." Sanders turned his back on her, "that's all, human."

Guards beckoned for her to leave.