Chapter 2; Investigation

{ Hank POV }

I Woke Up To The Sound Of Something Dropping In Connors Room, So I Stood Up And Knocked On His Door.
"Everything Okay In There, Connor?" I Ask As I Wait For His Response.
After A Few Moments, He Says, "Yes, Everything's Fine."
I Rolled My Eyes And Went Downstairs, Thinking That Maybe He Just Knocked Something Down While Watching Twilight.
I Made Myself Some Coffee And Toast, Just A Lazy Breakfast, Then Sat At The Table And Dug In.
All Of A Sudden, I Hear Connor Run Down The Stairs Like A Kid And Once He Reached The Kitchen, He Stopped Running And Looked Directly At Me.
"Hank, We Have A Case. Two People Were Attacked Last Night In Their Home, One Of Which Died, The Other Has A Concussion. I'll Let You Finish Your Breakfast And Brush Your Nasty Teeth, Then We'll Get On The Road," Connor Said And I Glared Up At Him.
"What Do You Mean Nasty Teeth?" I Say With Anger And He Backs Up A Bit.
"Well You Didn't Exactly Brush Your Teeth Last Night, And You Didn't Brush Your Teeth Before Breakfast So Uh...You Know What, I'm Gonna Go Wait For You Outside, Byeeeee," He Says Then Quickly Runs Outside And Shuts The Door Behind Him Before I Can Stand Up.
I Sigh And Just Continue Eating My Breakfast And After I Finished, I Got Ready For The Day Then Got In The Drivers Seat Of My Car.
As Per Usual, Connor Didn't Seem To Notice Me Come In So I Shoved His Arm And His LED Went From Yellow To Blue.
"Hello Hank," He Said With A Smile.
"Whats The Address?" I Ask As I Start Up The Car And Put My Seat Belt On.
"It's On A Street Called Roosevelt, And The House Number Is 34. Is That Enough Information? Or Should I Act Like A GPS?" He Asks A Bit Teasingly.
"I'm Fine Connor, I Know Where Roosevelt Is. So, Is There Any Other Pieces Of Information That I Should Know About Before We Get There?" I Ask As I Begin To Drive.
"The Reason Why We Were Called Over There Is Because For Some Reason, They Haven't Been Finding Any Finger Prints At The Crime Scene," Connor States As He Continued To Face The Road.
"So It's Either Someone Whose Really Good At Covering Their Tracks, Or It's An Android," I Point Out As I Take A Left Turn.
Connor Nods Then Says, "Just In Case, We Should Keep Our Guard Up Once We've Arrived. If It's An Android, Then It Might Still Be There."
"Can Never Be Too Careful. Know Anything Else?" I Ask, Continuing To Keep My Eyes Focused On The Road.
"Not Much, Just That The Victims Were Siblings In Their Mid Twenties. Kiara, The Youngest, Being 22, While The Other, Dawn, Being 25," Connor States.
"Is Their Family Near The Crime Scene?" I Ask As I Stop At A Red Light.
"From What I Was Told, No. If They Show Up, It Will Have Been Only Moments Before Us Or Moments After," He Says And The Car Begins Moving Again At The Green Light.
"That's It?" I Ask, Hoping For Some More Information On Our Case, But He Simply Nodded And Said, "Yes. We'll Find Out More At The Scene Of The Crime."
Once We Got There, I Parked My Car On The Side Of The Street And We Both Headed Out, Making Our Way Over To The House.
I Showed My Badge To The Officer And He Quickly Let Me And Connor Inside.
"Lieutenant Anderson, We Didn't Expect You To Show Up So Quickly," A Woman In A Brown Winter Coat Says.
"Haven't Had A Case To Solve In A While, So I Couldn't Help Myself. So, What Do We Know So Far Other Than The Obvious, Ellie?" I Ask As The Three Of Us Walk Inside, Connor And I Following Closely Behind Her.
She Walked Over To Body And Said, "A Week And A Half Ago At 9:07pm, Dawn Died. We Believe That With All The Amount Of Alcohol They Were Taking In, He Was Possibly Drunk During His Time Of Death," She States.
"Do We Have Any Suspects? Any Witnesses?" I Ask Curiously As I Walk Around, Looking At Everything While Connor Is Analyzing The Crime Scene.
"The Only Witness We Have Is The Mans Sister And Due To Her Concussion, She Won't Be Able To Talk About His Killer Until She Recovers. As For Suspects, We Have No Trace Of Evidence That Leads Towards Any Normal Person," She Says As She Continued To Look At Me.
"So You Suspect That It's An Android?" I Ask.
She Nods As She Says, "Exactly. We Haven't Found Any Traces Of Blue Blood Obviously, But We Do Have Reason To Believe That This Is An Android Due To The Lack Of Evidence."
"And How Was The Body Discovered?" I Ask As I Peer Into The Bathroom.
"A Friend Of Theirs Was Going To Surprise Kiara For Her Birthday The Day After The Incident And They Peered Into The Window After Countless Attempts At Knocking. Afterwards, They Called The Police And Claimed That They Never Saw Anything Else Other Than The Bodies," She Adds.
"Were Either Of The Siblings Seen Walking With Any Androids Recently?" Connor Asks And She Shook Her Head.
"As Far As We Know, No. Feel Free To Go Through The House And Check The Evidence Yourself, I'll Be Here In The Living Room If You Need Anything Else," She Says And We Both Nod At Her, Then, Continue On With Our Investigation.
Connor Once Connor Was Done Analyzing The Body, He Spoke Up And Said, "Usually They Use Guns Or Even Knives, But This Man Was Brutally Beaten To Death. He Obviously Wasn't Strangled, And It Seems That The Killer Wanted Someone To Find His Corpse Because They Left Him In The View Of The Window."
"Okay, But What Does That Tell Us?" I Ask As I Look To Him.
"It Tells Us That This Specific Killer Might've Known That We'd Show Up. I've Already Analyzed Most Of The Evidence And Although I Know How It Went Down, I Have No Idea Why, And There Aren't Any Left Over Traces Of Blue Blood That I've Found So Far," He States As He Stands Up And Looks Down With A Hand On His Chin.
"Possibly. You Say That You Know How It Went Down, Right? Walk Me Through It," I Say And He Leads Me Over To The Hall That Leads From The Front Door.
"It Starts Here. I Got Officer Jackson To Tell Me What Time They Arrived Home While You Were Talking With Officer Ellie. They Came Home Around 7:30pm After What I Can Only Assume Was A Hang Out," Connor States.
"Do You Think He Was In The House Before Hand?" I Ask As He Continues To Help Walk Me Through It.
"No, I've Come To Believe That He Actually Came Home With Them. Although There Are Markings On The Wall Here, I Believe That The Older Brother, Dawn, Was A Tad Tipsy So He Put His Hand Roughly On The Wall For Support, That's When His Sister And The Killer Helped Him Into The Living Room," He Says As He Walks Over To The Living Room With Me.
"All Three Of Them Seem To Decide To Have More Alcohol, Or At Least, The Killer Could've Pretended To. As The Night Went On, Kiara Went Into The Bathroom At Around 8:24pm And Didn't Seem To Come Back Into The Room Until 8:48pm," He States And Looks At Me With His Arms Folded, Then He Guides Me To The Bathroom Where We See Two Phones.
"When I Went To Check To See If There Was Anything Of Significance, I Found These Two Phones In Here. I Could Tell That Neither Of The Two Were Dawns As There Were None Of His Finger Prints On Them And He Had His Phone In His Back Pocket, But It Doesn't Seem Like They're Both Kiara's. Yes, They Both Have Kiara's Finger Prints, But On The Other Phone, She Seemed To Have Unlocked It More Carefully As It Looks Like She Did Her Best To Not Leave To Many Finger Prints," He Says As He Points To The Phone With The Blue Case.