Chapter 3

From his blood splattered watch it read one thirty A.M. He had gotten home late but Addie was still passed out. He went to the living room and drank a fifth. He sunk into the couch and the night recalled in his head over and over. The chanting, the flames, the screams of the young girl. The seven of them dancing around naked with mask. The thrill of killing. The Eagle was the head of the cult. There was also a bear, a wolf, a deer, a fox, a snake and then the mountain goat. He was the goat. The one who liked to pound and beat on the women that were brought to the circle of death.

The vision of her still fresh in his mind. He took another swig. Her screams still echoed in his ears. Her young fragile body leaped from the rock, begging for them to stop. But he loved it; he loved the excitement, the pure torture. He had thought of Addison. She had pissed him off so much that he took a lot of the hatred on the young girl. He guzzled the last drop and passed out, dropping the bottle to the floor.

He awoke to the sun shining through the dusky windows. The blood was still on him. He stretched and walked to the bathroom to take a quick shower. When he got out he put on a fresh pair of pants and a tee shirt. He checked on Addie but she was still asleep. He went to the kitchen to fix a bite to eat and made her a plate as well. When he came back she was still sleeping.

"Addison, you need to wake up." He tapped her on the cheek. Her face was swollen more and now both of her eyes had turned black from the breaking of her nose. She barely opened either of them now. It was difficult to breathe; therefore she could not smell the breakfast that he had brought for her to eat.

She moaned of pain.

"Come on now you have to eat, wake up."

She opened her eyes again but everything was blurry.

"Good girl." He patted her. "That's my girl. We need to eat now. He spooned the oatmeal to her mouth. She tried to open wide enough to take a bite. Her jaw ached and every time she closed her mouth she had a difficult time breathing.

When she was finished he left and then came back with a hot bowl of water and a wash cloth. He wanted to clean her up as much as possible. Wiping the blood from her nose and her lip, she jerked every time he came near her.

"Addie, I'm sorry this had to be this way. I'm sorry for having to hurt you."

Blood filled the bowl of water and her stomach felt weak all of a sudden. Her head pounded, her body ached and her bladder was so full that it was screaming to release itself.

She leaned closer to him and whispered, "I need to go to the bathroom."

"But if I let you get up you will fight me again, I can't have that."

"No I wont. I promise to behave."

"I will let you, but if you dare try anything I will kill you." He untied the knots around her wrist and he grabbed her leg to unlock the chain.

She went to get up but fell back on the bed. Her body was tense and her ribs felt like they were caving in on her. "I can't move, I think my ribs are broken."

"Yea, right." He smirked.

"Please Keith you got to carry me. I really need to go."

"Damn it, do I gotta do everything." He picked her up and carried her to the bathroom. She tried not to make a sound but the pain was heart wrenching, tears streamed down her face.

"Keith."

"What now?"

"Would it be all right if I took a bath."

"Why not, I got all damn day," he smarted off. While she sat on the toilet to relieve herself he filled the tub. The steam from the heat of the water rose above fogging up the windows and the mirror above the sink. He helped her take off her clothes and eased her into the tub.