7

It was towards the end of the first quarter in college and my grades were actually surviving. I made it to the indoor NCAA Finals in the 400m , 200m , 60m & including the 4x2 . They were taking place in Oregon in 3 weeks and this was my last weekend here until then because I will be in Clemson representing Team USA to compete in the 400m and 60m this coming weekend.

I was currently in the mall shopping alone to kill some time in the day. Plus, there were sales going on. I went into Journeys to look for some shoes. I was looking into the vans because they were o-so cute on me. I couldn't choose on getting either checkered reds or all white, so I decided to try on both sizes. I was looking for some help, but this store was bigger than the ones at home it felt like a jungle.

" Need any help Miss? " I heard a deep voice behind me and I turned around to face the person. I felt like it was Jesus himself was in front of me.

I think I was starting to drool a little bit so I spoke up

I think I was starting to drool a little bit so I spoke up. " U-uh yes can I get these in a size 7 please? " I handed him the boxes and he went into the back room. He came back and gave me the boxes.

" If you need anything else, my name is Pryce " he said licking his bottom lip, I almost melted right then and there. I tried on the shoes and they both looked cute on me, so I decided to get both. I brought the shoes and to my surprise there was phone number on the back of the receipt. I looked up at him smirking " If it's ared with you ma, do you have a name by chance? " he asked, I smiled. " It's Aaleah, but I'll think about it .. Pryce. " I giggled and left out the store. I got my food and called a Lyft.

I was exhausted.

I finally got to my dorm to find Kris, Mani, & Gelo watching another basketball game. " Y'all don't got y'all own dorm ? " I mumbled, locking the door. I went into my room, " Y'all heard from Jaylen? " I called. " No " they responded in sync. I sighed. I haven't heard from Jaylen in a week going on two. He has been busy, but nobody is busy after 9:30pm. I missed him and all, but I won't kiss ass. I laid in bed and went on my phone scrolling through my Twitter. I came across one particular post from a " gossip " page that stirred up drama among the students on campus and it read :

" UCLA's point guard , Jaylen Hands , spending time with unknown woman 🤔 "
It was a picture of them in a ice cream shop. I was mentioned multiple times underneath.

" I thought him & Aaleah had a thing ? "

" Wait ... So no Jayleah ? "

How moronic of this college.

I looked over at the number that was given to me from Pryce and looked back down at the photo. I pondered about my options, so I went ahead and texted Pryce. I didn't want a relationship or anything but it would be nice to meet someone new. I laid on my back and texted him " Heyy " I sent it and tossed my phone to the side. My phone vibrated a couple seconds later " Hey Miss "

Welp ... your lost baby.

" Are you for real !? " I popped a piece of popcorn in my mouth as I plopped back into my bed. Pryce came into view on my MacBook Pro.

" I'm dead ass these niggas were fucking in the dressing room. " Pryce was telling me about the time he overheard a couple fucking in the dressing room and the whole store heard it. " They try me in there to stop them, my black ass went to hide in the back room. " I laughed at his goofiness and he began to laugh too. We've been on the phone for almost 2 hours now and have gotten to know each other.

Pryce was currently attending USC as a Junior and was from Atlanta, Georgia. He was majoring in Human Biology. Also he's 21. I was interrupted by him speaking.

" Your phone is ringing " He stated. Peering over at my phone , recognizing the caller , I rolled my eyes and put it on silent. " Your not gonna answer it? " he asked.

" It was nobody " I said bluntly. I've been ignoring Jaylen for the remainder of the day. He has endlessly called and texted me trying to convince me to talk to him, but I disregarded his pleas.

I peered onto my laptop and Pryce has on a pair of clout glasses. " Wait " I pulled up Snapchat on my phone and started recording him. " Strike a pose sis " I giggled as he threw up the peace sign. I posted it on my story and he laughed taking them off.

" Don't show nobody that " He pointed at the camera.

" Too late " I seen my phone light up. Mani was typing. I opened her chat and she commented " BITCHHHHH " on my video of Pryce. Next thing I know I hear her door open then close and footsteps come towards my room. My door flew open and in she came.

" Bitchhh I wanna see him, " she hopped on my bed and laid in front the computer. ", owha go ahead sis you catching light skins now look at you girl & he fine yesss ! " she exclaimed. I looked at her with folded arms. " What's your name mister ? " she asked , blocking me out the camera.

" Pryce and you are ? " He asked, putting his face in the camera.

She squealed shaking me. " Bitchh he look good too ! Oh my god , oh my god. " I chuckled and moved her aside.

" This is Mani my psycho roommate , she was just leaving she has her own man to attend to I'm sure she doesn't want to keep him waiting for too long. " I said moving her off my bed. She looked at me crossing her arms.

" Girl please, " she had her back turned away from my door but I clearly seen Gelo standing there with his arms crossed shaking his head as I giggled silently  ", if anything that nigga know the deal I will snatch his ass up "

" Snatch who up ? "  he interrupted making her jump.

She turned around quickly going for the door. " Nobody baby " she hurriedly tried to get past him but he smacked her ass.

" That's what the fuck I thought now get your little ass in there " his voice boomed as I heard her giggle and the door shut.

I was left in my room with my jaw dropped. I looked at Pryce in the camera and back at my door. " Yoo " I got up and closed my door.

" What ? "

" He just snatched her up real quick & Mani usually cusses him out damnnn I didn't know Gelo had it like that " I said and turned out my light turning on my tv. I scrolled through my recents & continued watching the second season of Dear White People. A few moments of laughs and ranting later, I heard light snoring and looked at my laptop to see Pryce sleeping on his side resembling a baby. " Awee " I took a picture of him and posted it on snap with the time on it.

" Delete it "