14.

Austin's POV

I went to Alan's locker with a smile. He was doing much better than last week and it was showing. He was smiling a little more and he didn't look to be in as much pain as before.  I was still worried about him, but he's been staying with Kellin for nearly a week now.

"Hey," I said to him and he just smiled at me. "How you feeling?"

"Better. They're healing and the nightmares haven't been happening as much," He told me before giving me a kiss. I looked at him wide eyed when he pulled away, "What?"

"Two things, first I'm glad everything is going good and you just kissed me. In public."

He smiled, "Yeah I guess I did." 

"Why? I thought you didn't like that," I said.

"Well I kind of want to let people know you're my boyfriend," He said taking one of my hands "If you don't want people to know, I get it."

"Of course I want people to know. I thought you didn't."

"I'm working on being more comfortable with it and I'm slowly getting there. I really like you and I want people to know that."

"I really like you too," I told him.

"Good because you're stuck with me."

"I can handle that," I said and leaned down giving him a kiss. He smiled against my lips and kissed me back without hesitation. I was glad he was getting comfortable, because I wanted to show him off in every way possible.

"So you're gay now?" A female voice said, breaking us apart.

Alan nodded and looked at Emily, "I kind of always have been.

"Interesting," She said "Is that why you wouldn't sleep with me?"

"That and you smelled bad..."

She scoffed before she stormed off. I looked back at Alan who was giggling to himself.

"Look at you being extra open and honest today," I said laughing with him.

He shrugged, "I can't help it. How're you doing though? Have you used?"

"No, I haven't. It sucks, but I didn't get too deep back into it." I said knowing I was lying a little to him. It was wrong to lie to him, but he didn't need to worry about me right now. I had this under control and would only use when I really needed. So every couple days or so when I couldn't handle the withdrawls anymore I did some.

"Good, I'm really proud of you."

Sure I felt bad that he was proud of me when I wasn't really stop. I should've known better than to lie to him, but I couldn't stop again.

"Thanks, I'm really trying."

"And that makes me happy."

"Hey, do you wanna come over tonight?" I asked steering the conversation away from me.

"Yeah,I would love to."

I smiled, "Great, I can't wait."

"Good," he said and gave me a quick kiss.

"Now let's get to class before they count us late or something."

"Alright, alright."

I walked Alan to class before heading off to mine. 

The rest of the day went by normally and soon enough the school day was over. Alan and I were walking to my house hand in hand making comfortable conversation. It was nice to just spend time with him.  And knowing he was getting more comfortable with everything just made me all the happier.