21.

Alan's POV

I was going to do it. I was going to go to the police and report Chad. I had to. I couldn't wait any longer and see what more damage he could do to mine and my friends lives. He was an asshole and he deserved to go to jail for what he did to me. I hated him and I never wanted to see him walk around this school again. Honestly at this point I just want him to die.

I was almost tempted to go see if Oliver would do it, but I couldn't live with knowing I had something like that happen. But, the temptation was still there and I was curious about what Vic had planned.

I was planning on doing it after school today and I was going to go alone. Or at least I didn't know if I wanted to go alone or not. I was scared to, to be honest. I didn't know if they'd believe me or not. I doubted they would ever believe me but I needed to at least try.

I got to school and instead of going in. I ditched. I walked right past and just kept going. I didn't want to go today. I was too worked up for what I wanted to do after. I had to get myself calmed down and in the right mindset before I went to go do this.

I walked my way to the park and sat down on one of the swings. I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down as I started swinging. I just needed some time to myself to think this all over. I really just wanted them to believe me and I was so scared they weren't going to.

I sighed and leaned back a little, letting myself pick up speed as I swung. I closed my eyes and forced myself to start relaxing. My phone started going off and I quickly silenced it, I didn't want to hear from anyone right now. I just wanted this time for myself. My phone kept going off and eventually I answered.

"What?" I snapped.

"Oh uh, okay," Vic said. "Kellin was worrying about where you were."

"Look, I won't be in school today."

"Oh? Are you okay?" He asked me.

"I'm fine. Are you okay?"

"I'm alive."

"Great. You still pissed off at me for punching that fucker?"

"I'm irritated but no, I'm not pissed."

"Great."

"I guess," he said. "I mean, I've got some stuff with Oliver planned for him."

"Good to know. I'm going to the police."

"Have fun with that. Let me know what happens."

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, bye."

I hung up and got up from the swing, going over to the grass. I laid down in it, closing my eyes as the sun washed over me. I let out a deep sigh and felt myself finally relax. I deserved some relaxation away from everyone right now. I didn't want to take anytime to think about my life or anyone else's.

I didn't want to think about my parents. I didn't want to wonder what happened to my mother. I didn't want to think about testifying and I didn't want to think about Chad and going to the police. I just wanted my mind to go blank for a little while. I just wanted to take some time for me and not have to think about any of my issues.

I reached into my backpack and took out my flask. I sat up taking a sip. It probably wasn't a good idea to drink in public but, I really didn't care. It's not like I was going to get hammered. I mean I was going to the police station later. I just needed a few sips to help me relax.

I took my phone out and saw a couple of texts from Austin asking if I was okay or not. I quickly texted him back and took another sip. I was already feeling a little better. This was the best idea I had ever had.