Chapter 11

Logan wakes up in the hospital and sees Stryker. Next thing I know Logan shoved Stryker though the door and out into the empty hallway.

"Six years I've been here. No one knows me, and then you show up and the next day she's dead!" Logan says to Stryker.

"I tried to warn you."

"Why did you tell me it was Victor?!"

"I didn't know! I swear! On my son's life, I didn't. Victor's appetites were becoming too public. I had to lock him up. He thought I betrayed him. Went AWOL. He said he was coming after all of us."

Logan shoves Stryker against the wall and Stryker ends up sitting on the ground, leaning against the wall.

"You didn't come to warn me." Logan says. "You came to save your own ass." I nod in agreement with him.

Logan turns and starts walking away.

"So what's your plan, captain?" Stryker calls after him. "You can't beat him Logan, you know you can't."

"I'm gonna find him and kill him." Logan answers.

"I can give you the tools to defeat him," Logan stops walking. "So we can still save the others." Stryker continues.

Logan turns back towards us and walks back over to Stryker.

"You mean save yourself, right?" Logan says to him.

"I promise you two things; you'll suffer more pain than any man can endure, but you'll have your revenge."

"If I come with you, I'm coming for blood." Logan says. "No law, no code of conduct. You point me in the right direction, and you get the hell out of my way."

Stryker nods, a smirk forming on his face. "Agreed. Oh, and by the way, Elsa's coming with you."

"Who?" Then Logan looks at me and appears to have seen me standing there for the first time. "You...I recognize you. Were'nt you on the team?"

I nod.

"How the hell is she gonna help me?" Logan asks, looking at Stryker. "I've never seen her do anything if she's a mutant."

"She's not a mutant." Stryker says. "Not exactly." He adds quietly.

"What's she good at then?"

"Oh," Stryker laughs. "You'll see. She'll be pretty useful-especially if you're looking for blood. She knows a lot about that."

I glare at Stryker.

The next day, we arrive somewhere in the wilderness via helicopter. Right outside the concealed building we're heading to is a massive cliff. The landscape is a large forest which then drops off to a cliff with more than a hundred foot drop and massive waterfalls ending falling into a large lake.

Now Logan, Stryker, some scientists, Agent Zero, and some Generals are all in this lab which strangely reminds me of Aston's lab. I don't like it.

Logan is laying on a metal table suspended above water.

"What metal are you using?" I ask Stryker.

"Adamantium. It's made out of that rock we were looking for in Africa. It's gonna make him indestructible." Stryker says.

Then, a minute later, Logan is wearing an oxygen mask as he's slowly brought down into the water. Then little needles which remind me of screws or nails begin to drill into him, and the experiment begins.

It brings back too many painful memories and I have to look away.

Then, when the needles/screws are done drilling into him, he has no heartbeat. Everyone's silent for about a minute as they watch his lifeless body under the water in the small tank and the consistent red line.

And then his heart rate starts back up.

Stryker smiles. "Erase his memory." I hear him say.

I look at Stryker and give him a questioning look.

Then Logan's claws, now coated with adamantium, slide out.

"I think he heard you." Agent Zero says to Stryker.