Prompt #6

Prompt: Could you do a prompt on Jude where he has a new boyfriend from college and they run into Benji and Gideon?? :)

A.N.- I DID THIS LIKE A MONTH AGO AND FORGOT I HAD IT WOW I'M SORRY I'M AN IDIOT I WAS GOING THROUGH THE MESSAGE BOARD AND SAW THIS AND REALIZED I NEVER POSTED IT okay I'm sorry I'm an idiot here's your very overdue prompt XD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Jude!” my dad called. “Jude, Alec is here!”

                I went downstairs, where my dad was standing and talking to the attractive boy. Alec looked up and broke out into a smile as he noticed me.

                “Hey Jude,” he greeted.

                “Hey,” I said, going over to him and kissing him.

                It had been a year since everything with Gideon. I was in college now, and home for spring break. Alec was my boyfriend of three months, and I was happy with him. He was coming up to visit for a few days.

                “Well, you promised to show me around your town,” he said to me.

                “I’m going to,” I said. “Let me put my shoes on.”

                “Here, take some money and buy dinner for yourselves,” dad said to me eagerly, handing me money. He and my mom were just relieved to see me getting over Gideon.

                I took the money from my dad and led Alec out of the house. He took my hand in his and pulled me to a stop at the end of the driveway.

                “I know it’s only been a few days since we left for break. But I missed you,” he said and kissed me.

                “You are so clingy,” I said, but smiled at him.

                I tugged him along and we made our way through the town. I took him to a couple of places, showing him around, talking with him as we walked.

                “Alright, I’m getting hungry,” he announced.

                “Me too. Let’s go get dinner,” I said and we walked for a little while until we reached my favorite restaurant.

                I led Alec inside and we were seated together at a table. I grabbed my menu, eyeing it lazily.

                “Ah, damn!”

                I looked up at the voice, hate swelling in me as my eyes landed on Benji Bryant and Gideon Marchesane. Gideon was laughing and steadying Benji. They sat down at the table next to us and I swallowed my hatred.

                “Gideon,” I said.

                He looked up in surprise. He nervously glanced at me. “Oh, uh, hi Judeikas.”

                “Why does he call you by your full name?” Alec asked in confusion. “I thought only your mom ever did that.”

                “My mom usually is the only person to do that. But Gideon made a habit of it too,” I said. I smirked at Gideon. “I didn’t think you and Bryant would still be together. Rebounds don’t usually last so long.”

                “Benji was never a rebound,” Gideon said, trying to keep his patience.

                “Is this guy your ex?” Alec asked. I rarely mentioned Gideon, but he probably remembered him from the few times I had.

                “Yes,” I said.

                “Is this your new boyfriend Jude, or are you still hung up on Gideon?” Benji asked, raising an eyebrow.

                “If I remember correctly, you were so hung up on Gideon that you ruined a happy relationship he was in,” I said thoughtfully. “But yes, this is Alec, my boyfriend. I guess I should thank you, Benji. If you hadn’t been so selfish and destroyed mine and Gideon’s relationship, I wouldn’t be with Alec right now.”

                I reached over, taking Alec’s hand in mine. I was over Gideon, finally. I could never bring myself to hate him, but I had brought myself to end the love I had for him. I was happy with Alec, and I wasn’t letting old feelings ruin that.

                I smirked at Benji and Gideon. Alec glanced between us before shrugging and leaning over, kissing me.

                “I guess I should thank you too. I don’t know exactly what you did, but it sounds like you were selfish and I benefited from it,” Alec said. “I love Jude, so thanks for helping me get him.” He smiled over at me. “I’m sorry that asshole hurt you and wrecked your relationship. But I hope you’re happy now.”

                “I’m very happy now,” I said with an honest smile, kissing Alec again. I ignored Benji and Gideon, relaxing back in my seat with my hand still in Alec’s, over the past and moving on to the present.