Lacey's Journals ( 11 years old )

Jan.1st.2009

New Years day and I can't believe that I'm ten years old now.I've been writing in my beloved journals for two years now.I'm so excited because mommy and daddy are having a really big New Years day dinner and my bestest friend Caroline and Nathaniel are going to be here.What am I going to wear?I know I'll wear my pink satin and Belgium lace dress and white and pink lace ankle socks and my pink patent flat shoes,but most importantly my silver heart locket with mommy and daddy's picture on one side and my sister and brother on the other side.I got lots of presents for my birthday and Christmas,but my most specialist present was my locket from mommy and daddy.Everyone has arrived and the dinner will begin.Caroline and Nathaniel just arrived,now it's going to be a grand dinner.

April,1st.2009

The last four months have been busy for me because of school and taking care of a new pony.She's white with black markings and she has a white star on her nose so I named her Starbright.I love our new pony.My horse Trick likes to play ball with me.I throw it and he pushes it back with his nose,that really makes me laugh.Let me see what else has happened,oh yeah my sister Rayna has a new bestest friend and her name is Kimberley.I love seeing her happy again because her other bestest friend was talking about her and she overheard it last year and it made her cry.Let's see my brother got the measles,mumps and chicken pox one after the other right after the new year.Hmm let me think,oh yeah my bestest friend Caroline is going to go to Disneyland in Florida with us as soon as school is out for the summer,and mommy and daddy said that Rayna's bestest friend Kimberley could come to.

August,1st.2009

My trip to Disneyland was super special because I got to meet all the Princesses,Tinker Bell and Mickey and Minnie.I had a grand time.Let me think oh yeah oh yeah,when we got home mommy and daddy said that they had a special surprise for me.I couldn't wait to see what it was.My special surprise was my own pink car that I can drive around our plantation.It was beautiful because my car seats were a dark dusty rose and the outside had Barbie painted on the hood of my car,every girls dream car.I went in to get a drink of water and mommy was crying,I said mommy what's wrong and after everyone came in the room mommy stood next to daddy because they said they had to tell us something.I look at them and ask what is it?and then mommy says she has some bad news.Well the bad news mommy wanted to tell us was that me maw and pe paw were killed in an automobile accident,and the man that killed them was drinking and driving.This was mommy's parents.After that news our house was an unhappy house for a while.The night of the accident I prayed and asked God to take care of them for me and when I die and go to heaven I will take care of them for mommy.

Dec.25th.2009

Another year almost over,last night was my eleventh birthday party and our annual Christmas Eve Ball.I wore a lavender/blue ball gown made just like mommys and lavender/blue patent shoes and my hair was done in long ringlet curls and I got to wear a pink and diamond tiara.Nate asked for the first dance and he told me that I looked beautiful and he whispered in my ear and said,I'm going to marry you when I grow up.I told him that I would be honored to marry him when I grow up.We both just smiled at each other all night because of our little secret.My big birthday present from mommy and daddy this year was a desk top computer.They said that I could copy everything from my journals onto the computer in case I ever lost them they would be in a safe place.So tomorrow I am going to copy everything from my journals onto my computer.It seems every year is better than the last except for the sad parts.

I have just finished Lacey's journal entries of 2009.Well a lot of wonderful things happened and some not so wonderful.What did you think about what Nate whispered into Lacey's ear?I hope you will continue to read about Lacey and all her adventures and I hope you love Lacey as much as I do.Thank you for reading and enjoying this book,it's been a joy writing about Lacey.