Shit Happens and People Change.

Chapter 6 - Shit Happens and People Change.

"Don't you have school today ?" Kevin asked as we made our way to IHOP. "Yeah but what does that have to do with anything ?" I see Kevin chuckle slightly exposing the dimples that I haven't seen in so long. "You should be going to school or you'll never get your diploma." I shrugged not really fond about the thought of school.

When I woke up in the morning I left Kyle in the bed sleeping I didn't want to be there when he woke up. I didn't want to see the face of regret. We didn't talk since last night. And hopefully we don't talk about what happened at all.

We hopped out of the car and I was freezing. Who the hell let me leave the house without a sweater! It's the middle of winter in this small town in New York ! I was wearing skinny jeans and A plain black long sleeved shirt. I being the smart ass only brought jeans , a long sleeved shirt and pjs to the apartment. We entered the place and the warmth engulfed me and I sighed in relief. I herd a low chuckle from besides me that made my insides even more warm. I glared at Kyle for making fun of my foolish mistake and he winked at me making my cheeks warm. "Here." Kevin said handing me his North Face. I thanked him a billion times.

We got seated in a booth. I sat alone as Kevin and Kyle sat next to each other. "I'll drop you off at school after we eat." Kevin said while looking at the menu. What the frick ! I don't want to go to school ! Oh hell no. "Come on Kev the girl wants to hang out with us , she missed us we need to catch up you know?" Kyle said knowing how much I despise going to that hell hole. Kevin shrugged and said ok. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and checked my texts.

From: Steve :D

- where are you shortcake ?

- I miss you!

- hello

- bestieeeeee

- did you die ?

- I love youuuu ! Answer me...

- it's been too long since we last communicated.

I chuckled slightly at the texts. "You have a really terrible phone Mimi." Kyle said giving my blackberry disgusted looks. "Yeah Mia you need to update your phone." I realized that Kevin and Kyle both have iPhones. I frown at my little phone compared to theirs.

To: Steve :D

- I'm with Kevin and Kyle. I'll explain everything later bestieeeeeee. Calm your tits while you're waiting , I saw you yesterday.

"So what are we doing to day ?" I asked after we left IHOP. "I was thinking we go shopping so you can buy new clothes when we move." Kevin shrugged.

You know I don't even know where we are moving to so how will I know what to buy! "Where are we moving to?"

"Florida." Was all that Kevin said as he backed out at the parking lot and into the street. After ten minutes or so we made it to the mall. We walked to the entrance Kevin and Kyle were in front of me joking around and I was behind feeling left out. But that was always how it was.

"Alright Kyle go with Mia to shops and I'll go to Walmart and buy shampoo and stuff like that." Kevin gave me his credit card and told me I have no limit so I can buy anything clothing related.

"Where to first ?" Kyle looked down at me since he towers over me. "Forever 21 ?" I suggested and he just shrugged while putting an arm over my shoulder as me and him walked towards the store. I usually would've minded if someone touched me but Kyle is different, he understands me more then anyone yet he knows nothing.

"What a cute couple !" The worker said as we entered the store. "We aren't -" "Thank you aren't I the luckiest guy in the world ?" Kyle cut me off mid sentence making my cheeks hot. I'm probably more red then a tomato. The lady looked at us in aw and I just wanted to do nothing more then to slap him. I removed his arms from around my shoulders and started to pick out clothing. "What about this ?" Kyle said holding up a floral crop top. "I .. Um . I-I never wore a crop top before." I said awkwardly. "You'd probably look hotter then you look right now and I'll be looking forward to that." He smirked slightly making me blush again ! "I'll try it on just for you then."

His eyes lit up more then a boy on Christmas morning. I laughed slightly still looking for clothes. I grabbed jeans , dresses, shorts, skater skirts, cardigans and shirts. I also grabbed running clothes. Making my way to the dressing room I tried on a dress that went mid thigh. The dress itself was floral with a brown belt under my boobs. I walked out of the dressing room and showed Kyle. He looked at my bare legs with dark eyes. "You look hot, if you don't buy that I will buy it for you." I laughed and went back to try on the floral crop top Kyle gave me and put on some high waisted light jeans. I showed him again.

"Come here Mimi." He said and sat me on his lap. I felt kind of awkward since we were in the middle of the dressing room. He put his lips near my ear. "You don't understand how much I just want to kiss you right now." He kissed the crook of my neck making me shiver slightly. I got off of his lap and winked at him. Kyle has always been like this when we were younger. Always knew how to make me blush. Just now he's gotten more affectionate.

I changed back to my normal clothing and went to go pay. I brought a lot , I had a total of like six bags. I felt bad for spending a lot of money but he did tell me I had no limit ! We went to hot topic and I brought a couple of muscle tanks ,band tees, pins and a few brackets. Kyle brought himself an Of Mice & Men tee that matched mine. We also went to Zumiez and Kyle and I brought some toms and vans . We went to famous footwear. The last store we went to was Tillys and I brought myself starwars vans that were floral. If you haven't realized I really love floral.

We had so many bags man. "Let's go put these in the car before we look for Kevin." I agreed and we made our way to the parking lot. We didn't really talk a lot. I didn't want him to start asking me about what happened last night. "Wait how are we going to put this in the car if you don't have the keys ?" I questioned confused. "He never locks the car." And that was a fact. Kevin's car was not locked. We put everything in the trunk. We started to walk towards the mall again.

"Mia ?" oh no this better not be about last night ! "Yeah?" I said rather softly. "Who's been helping you out for the past two years ?" I looked at him weirdly. Why should he care if someone helped me out ? "Steve. My best friend." I say lowly. "I want to meet him." I look up to him as we enter the building. "I want to thank the kid for being there for you when I wasn't there." I got kind of mad by him saying that. He could've stayed here for everything if he would've never left. But you know what I'm not going to say anything. I just nodded. Not really wanting to say anything.

We enter Walmart and Kyle called Kevin to find out where he was in the store. He was in the shampoo section. When we reached him he had a cart with only his shampoo and movies. "What kind of shampoo do you use Mia ?" I grabbed the tresemae shampoo and conditioner. I also grabbed coconut smelling body wash. I really didn't talk the whole time we were there. I didn't want to speak to anyone right now. This happens a lot to me. I get very uncomfortable and get anxiety at random moment that I just don't want to speak.

We paid for all the stuff Kevin got and left the mall. The ride home was silent. Well that was until my phone ringed. "Hello ?" I said not even bothering to check who it was.

"Mia can I come over ?" I herd a hard breathing Steve ask.

"Where are you ?" I asked starting to panic.

"Behind the school." He laughed a bitter laugh. "They beat me up again, I don't know why but they did."

"I'll be right there." I told him and hung up.

"Take me to the school" I said to Kevin and he just nodded his head. It wasn't even 1230 yet and they already got to Steve ! Ugh. I hope he's not beaten up too bad.