05

SOOYOUNG keeps her eyes narrowed as she stares at the other girl in the room.

chaeyoung was leaning against a wall, legs splayed out as she stared at her lap quietly. jungkook was on the other side of the room, looking for another weapon or something that would be useful in helping them survive. sooyoung has her arms crossed over her chest, eyes trained on chaeyoung.

she didn't trust her.

jungkook was too blinded by his crush to think properly. chaeyoung couldn't have made it this far without killing someone. it just wasn't possible. if she simply ran, as she claimed, she would have long since been shot or stabbed in the process. so why was she trying to maintain this frightened, innocent facade now?

sooyoung wasn't one to be fooled so easily. but since jungkook was blinded by his feelings, she'd just have to protect him while keeping an eye on the other girl.

she'd get to kill chaeyoung, eventually. and then it would just be her and jungkook again, just as it was meant to be from the beginning.

the thought makes sooyoung smile as she makes her way to chaeyoung. the light haired girl looks up slowly, blinking in fear when the dark haired girl crouches down before her.

"don't worry." sooyoung tells her with an assuring smile, "i'll kill you soon and then you'll have nothing to worry about."

chaeyoung's eyes widen at this, hands shaking as she pulls her knees to her chest.

"sooyoung" jungkook's voice calls from the other side of the room.

chaeyoung watches through wide eyes as sooyoung's eye twitches before she turns around to look at jungkook with a smile.

"yes, sweetie?" She calls back with a sweet voice that contrasts with the condescending words she'd just spoken.

"i think i found something." he says, waving her over with a happy smile, feeling useful for once. sooyoung abandons chaeyoung to make her way over to him. he doesn't waste time in presenting her the slightly rusty, curved metal object in his hand, "i think i found a weapon."

"oh sweetie, this is a boomerang." sooyoung notes, nose crinkled as she giggles when jungkook appears embarrassed, thinking it to be some sort of edgy knife. the dark haired girl smiles assuringly then, "don't worry, i'm sure we'll find some use for it."

she then gives him another smile that makes jungkook look down at the boomerang to avoid her gaze, a blush gracing his his face. sooyoung's sweet giggle fills his ears as she wanders off behind him to go search for something useful as well. jungkook studies the boomerang then, twisting it in his hands, the metal object glinting in the room's dim lighting when it hits him -

"the machine gun-" he blurts out, making sooyoung look back at him.

"huh?" she asks with a confused look.

"the machine gun, the person behind it, we can use this to knock them down, so they'll drop the gun!" jungkook explains with a steadily growing smile. it was the perfect plan! he left out what to do after that, because he figured she already decided how she was going to take them out.

he still couldn't wrap his mind around the whole prospect of killing yet.

but it was the only way to survive.

"not bad." sooyoung comments of his plan, making jungkook's smile widen before she adds, "but it's dark out there, sweetie. we can't see far down enough to pin point their exact location and we can't afford to just throw blindly. we'll only get one chance when we go out there, as risky as it is. if we miss, we won't be able to get to the person and they'll slaughter us like pigs."