Chapter Twelve

His blue eyes diverted to Harry walking out the door after planting a tender kiss on my lips and then shifted on the couch uncomfortably. I shook out of my trance and stopped being rude.

   "What are we going to do today?" My body plopped next to his as I crossed my legs and looked towards Niall.

   "Oh I don't know," He wouldn't look at me completely. What was his deal? "I can leave if you want me to. I didn't mean to invite myself, but I didn't want you being bored and I didn't see anyone jumping at the opportunity. I didn't mean to be a burden," He apologized and looked towards the ground.

   I cocked my eyebrow and started laughing, "You are always apologizing! Stop it, let's have fun. I never said you couldn't chill. I was just a little upset that Harry had to leave yet again when we have only 2 weeks left together is all..."

   "Oh cool, sorry for apologizing all the time. Oh damn! There I go again...um...what is there to do?" He chuckled and then started acting normal.

   "We can watch movies, play board games, go out to town, um...play outside? I don't know. I'm no good at this," I laughed myself and looked to him to see if any of those even seemed the slightest entertaining.

    Niall started getting a thinking face on and started rubbing his chin as if he had an imaginary goatee. I couldn't help but laugh. I stood up and said, "Why don't I make us some hot chocolate? We could bake some cookies or something and surprise Harry with dinner tonight?" I just threw it out there. I wasn't expecting him to go for it.

   "Sounds good! I'm only in it for the food," He smiled and jumped up quicker than I would have thought.

   I moved swiftly through the kitchen grabbing pots and pans, batter, chocolate chips, hot cocoa mix, and my cook book. My fingers flipped through  a million pages before I found an old recipe of my mothers for egg nog and chocolate chip cookies. Niall tore it out of my hands and skimmed it.

   "Egg nog and cookies? Sounds messy and fun," He stuck his tongue out and then picked up his hot cocoa mix as a start. "But first, I want this."

   My laughed was so pure that I felt like it's been a while since I've had a good laugh. With all the pressure with Harry and...possibly a being inside me, was just overwhelming. It almost made me forget what happiness was. Niall poured some milk in his mug and mixed it all together with a spoon and stuck it in the microwave.

   "Got any marshmellers?" Niall peered over my shoulder as I was separating egg yolks for the nog.

   I didn't hear him acknowledge me at first and then he tapped on my shoulder, "Hmmm?" I muttered as I concentrated on the eggs.

   "I asked if you got any marshmellers? For the cocoa?" He repeated.

   "Oh yeah, they're over there in the fridge. Harry insists that we keep them there," I snickered and then finished up the eggs and went and added 12 cups of sugar to the yolks.

   "Oh okay, thanks." He walked over and I heard him searching through the whole fridge.

   "It's in the bottom drawer hon," I laughed as I mixed in some milk.

   I heard Niall mutter under his breath since I joked with him, and then he returned with the big bag. "Found 'em," He stuck his tongue in my face and pulled out his mug from the microwave.

   "Took you long enough!"

   "I don't know my way around!" He defended.

   "Fair,"

   "Oh and one more thing," He replied.

   "Yeah?"

   "Are you happy with Harry?" He asked.