19

after arriving to school, we all hop out of the car and head into school. I am beyond scared for school today, because I have to pretend to be Nathan's girlfriend.

we are walking in a straight line with me in the middle and the twins on either side of me. I glance around the hallway and my eyes land on Nathan. he gives me a sly look before strolling over to us. 

he stops me by placing both hands on my shoulder while whispering in my ear, "its go time baby."

Ethan looks back and stops dead in his tracks. 

"yo Nathan let her go! what are you doing?" Ethan says with a confused face clearly showing.

"what do you mean what am I doing? I'm hugging my girl." Nathan says while aggressively pulling me into a hug. by this time Grayson felt super awkward because he knew what was actually happening and walked away.

"your girl?" Ethan says to Nathan but looking at me.

"yeah are you deaf Dolan?"

"no I just have a hard time believing Adelyn would go out with a asshole like you."

"you're just jealous. see you around, lets go Lyn." Nathan says while grabbing my wrist roughly. 

"don't call her that, and Adelyn is coming with me because we have first period together." Ethan says while leading me away from Nathan. I didn't talk throughout this whole conversation because I was too afraid I would break down. 

"whatever. just keep your hands off my girl. ill see you at lunch LYN." Nathan says purposely saying Lyn to piss Ethan off.

Ethan pulls me into the janitors closet and closes the door. 

"adelyn what the hell?? why are you going out with him?" he asks.

"I don't know." 

"what do you mean you don't know? how do you not know why you are going out with someone?"

"I just don't okay!" I yell slightly. 

Ethan grabs my shoulders and runs his hands down to the palms of my hands. "you can tell me lynny"

"fine. but you have to promise not to get mad."

"I can't promise that." 

"E.."

"fine fine okay. tell me." he says.

we stayed in the janitors closet for about another ten minutes while I explained everything to him. 

"are you fucking serious? adelyn he could literally go to jail for drugging you, why can't we go to the cops?" Ethan angrily says.

"did you not hear what he threatened to me!" 

"I did! but I don't care, we are getting him arrested. we just need to figure out how to get proof." 

"...okay. but until then I still have to be his girlfriend."

he puts his hands on my cheek while saying, "ill be by your side, you'll be okay, I promise."

--

(Grayson POV)

I sat in second period bored out of my mind waiting for Ethan to show up. finally he strolls in the class and takes a seat next to me. 

"bro where the hell have you been?" I asked.

"just found out why Adelyn has been so upset recently." he says looking pissed off. 

"she told you?" I asked.

"wait you knew? what the fuck?" he says getting angry. 

"she tol-" I get cut off by the teacher telling us to be quiet. 

he shoots me a look before redirecting his attention to the board before passing out as usual. 

--

(adelyns POV)

I barely made it through the day with Nathan constantly trying to kiss me. hope he realizes it won't be that easy. if he forced me to be in a relationship with him, I'm not going to make it easy.

as I start to walk out of the school building I begin to think maybe that might drive him so crazy hell break up with me?  turn into someone else? make it a challenge.

4 hours later

I texted Ethan telling him my plan and he thinks it might actually work too. its worth giving a shot. 

me and Nathan are supposed to be going to a movie in the next town over. what he doesn't know is that I'm not going to be the girl he thought he was dating. 

I put on fish net tights, a short black dress, and super high heels. I curl my hair and put on pounds of makeup. I'm not the "innocent" girl he thought he was messing with. anymore at least.