forty-eight.

it hadn't been easy to assure the guards that she wasn't a stalker, a crazy fan or a murderer. especially not when she had crazy bags under her eyes, her hair was messy from running after losing her connecting bus, and the seemingly brick carrying backpack on her shoulders.

when she had managed to convince them that she was a rather normal human being, only trying to visit her boyfriend, she was even more out of breath. to be truthful, she felt that the only reason why they had let her through was because they wanted to get rid of her as quickly as possible.

and as she stood in front of his door, it was a thousand times harder to breathe.

she was a nervous wreck, the whole speech she had been preparing in her head now a jumbled mess of words that she wouldn't be able to use if her life depended on it. her fingers were shaking and she had almost dropped the darn textbook three times, all the while wishing she could just throw it against some wall or something out of frustration.

her knocks were hesitant. it took her a while to understand that the apartment had a doorbell for a reason, and she mentally facepalmed before ringing the same bell. she heard some noises coming from the inside.

then, in a fraction of a second, the door was open and there he stood, as gorgeous as ever. sinai let her eyes travel along his exposed torso as his unbuttoned shirt failed to hide anything. his hair looked like it was freshly washed and the smell of cinnamon and mint filled her nostrils. how could she not want him?

before he could say anything else, refuse her, send her away, she pushed her way inside his apartment.

"look, i know you hate me right now, i know there's like a trillion reasons why i shouldn't be here, i know i should give you your space but all i can think about is you," she blabbered, lifting her finger to stop him from talking.

"i know you say i'm not letting you in. but i want to do it, i really do, even if it means you get to see firsthand how shitty my life is. and i have to trust that you'll stay with me even though that's what i go through every day, drunk calls, random arguments, and taking care of them before i take care of myself," she continued.

"and jimin, i'm no where near perfect. i'm no where near emotionally stable, and i have baggage, and i have demons that i think will chase me my whole life," she finally dared to look at him, pursing her lips. "but i want you to know all about me, i'm ready, if you'll have me."

jimin stood there, speechless. he quickly buttoned two of the buttons on his shirt, clearing his throat. he was so visibly uncomfortable that sinai felt her heart drop to her stomach.

then, everything started processing in her head. him getting dressed to answer the door. his hair, still slightly wet from the shower. the way he didn't dare to look at her.

"jimin..." she felt her eyes watering. "jimin don't tell me there's a slut in your bed right now."

jimin's eyes widened once, his hands reaching out to her. sinai flinched away.

"it's not what it looks like!" he waved his hands in the air furiously.

"oh really? then don't mind me if i wanna see for myself what it actually looks like--" she stopped dead on her tracks the moment she turned around.

standing there, with her arms crossed over her chest was none other than mrs. park.

sinai's face went through all shades of blue, pink, red, and even green visible to the human eye.

"hello sinai," the woman mused, eyeing jimin once again before chuckling. "i guess you two really have a lot to talk about. besides, i doubt i'll be needed any longer," she walked past sinai, rubbing her shoulder and winking at her before leaving the apartment.