Five

Hayes' POV:

"I feel horrible Christine."

I told her and looked into her light blue eyes.

"Hayes, its not even your fault. That is what comes with what we do. Lismari and I got into this knowing that cheerleading is dangerous but we did it because we love it. She is so strong and that is why I love your sister and I am so sad that my best friend is in the hospital because of something that she loves."

She told me and turned towards me. She was kind of looking up at me being that I am about four inches TALLER than her. I can't help it. I need to do it. So I did. I kissed her.

I kissed and I don't know why but she didn't pull away and slap me in the face.

"Christine, look I really need to tell you this. You are amazing. I love the way you laugh at what ever not because your crazy but because you look at everything with a bright attitude. I love the way your long hair falls down to your waist. The way your eyes light up over the simplest of things. And I don't know why I am telling you all of this right now because we should be getting some things from the cafeteria, but Christine. I think I love you."

I told her all in one breath.

"Hayes... I think I love you too."

She told me and gave me one last kiss and I hugged her.

"Why are you so damn tall Hayes Grier."

Christine said while standing on my toes.

"I have no idea!"

I told her while laughing along with her.

"How about we get the food and go back to Lissy?"

Christine asked me and I nodded.

And with that we were off getting food for everyone hand in hand, smiling at each other.