It's Not Gay If We're on The Moon

It had been a rough day for both of them. Best bros John Egbert and Dave Strider were both more than ready to sleep the next few years away if they could. Now, everyone has a sort of "symptom of sleep", ya know, that one thing that lets you know someone is tired. Like being laughy, clingy, or yawning a whole lot. Dave had a unique sleep symptom. Whenever he was tired, he would become so loopy, it was almost like he'd eaten all of the slime out of a Recuperacoon (I'd voucher Gamzee's). John, however, he just yawned a lot...

Dave was about to the point where he was dozing off and then pushing himself to stay up for his best friend (actually his crush), who was an insomniac.

"Jooohhhhnn!" Dave groaned in tired boredom.

"Yeah Dave?" John asked, irritated beyond belief by his inability to sleep. Dave scooped his arm underneath John's back, pulling their faces closer together. The raven's face burned bright as he stared into Dave's, for once, uncovered eyes. They were a gorgeous crimson. The young Strider pulled John's face closer, so close that John could feel Dave's hot breath on is lips that were practically touching those of his best friend.

Dave pulled him closer still, his lips now planted firmly on John's. The raven's eyes were wide and surprised, especially in comparison to Dave's that were closed and, obviously, enjoying every minute of it. John eventually registered what was happening and kissed back shyly, soon full on making out with the blonde.

They pulled away from each other with heavy breaths and dopey smiles.

"That was really gay." John stated blatantly, trying not to laugh as Dave brain-stormed for a come-back, his red eyes lighting up, despite the tiredness he felt, with an idea.

"Well, Mr.Egderp, it's not gay if we're on the moon!" Dave chirped, seeming proud of his response. A long, embarrassing silence ensued afterward, ending in a facepalm, courtesy of John.

"Dave." John deadpanned. Dave responded with a questioning look, a glint of pride still mixed with the all the glowing crimson. "We're not on the moon." (Cue record scratch sounds)

"What." Dave questioned, his simple explanation not seeming to have sunk in.

"We're not on the moon, idiot, we're on Alternia." Nothing. "to hang with the trolls, remember?" John stated. Dave let out an embarrassed 'ohhh' and looked down.

"I guess it was pretty gay then... sorry man.." Dave's face was completely flushed in embarrassment, an unusual characteristic for the Strider, but he couldn't help it around John. The raven sighed.

"It's fine.." John murmured, slowly inching closer to the blonde again, lips only centimeters from the other's. Their lips collided, a sound of shock omitted from the surprised Strider. He began pushing his lips back at John with equal passion and force. Once their lips finally separated, both were breathing a bit heavier and their faces were undiscovered shades of red. Their foreheads rested lightly against each other. "I like being gay when it's with you.." John whispered, smirking at the unusually flustered blonde, who was smiling softly; genuinely.

"I love you John Egbert" Dave said before placing soft, sweet kisses all over the raven's face. Once he finally stopped, John was trying his hardest to keep a straight face, but failed miserably falling into the Strider and laughing, face buried into his chest. After a minute of this, John calmed down a bit. Dave decided to lay down, smiling, with John laying against his chest.

"I love you too, you huge dork." John laughed, snuggling into Dave's chest and, after a moment, being consumed by sleep, Dave followed suit.