Chapter 5 : Accident

The next day, I decided to skip school. My parents left to report what had happened yesterday. I watched the house throughout the day. At 12.30 I heard knocking on my door.

As I opened it I saw Vermont and Mitchie standing there. "Hey there, Jess," Mitchie exclaimed. "Hey Jess," Vermont followed. "Hey, guys what are you doing here?" I asked as I ran my fingers through my brown-red hair. They didn't answer, the only reply I got was eyes staring at my appearance. "Hey!" I shouted grabbing both attention. "What are you looking at?" I asked. "Well, you always look nice a school I didn't realize you were the same as us." I raised an eyebrow. "What?"

At that time I was wearing a black and red t-shirt, white shorts and my hair was tied up in a very messy bun. "Mitchie, don't talk like that," Vermont said. "So what do you want?" I asked forgetting the previous topic. "Well you didn't show up today, we want to check on you," Vermont explained. "Is that so?" I said leaning to the door. They both nodded. I rolled my eyes and let them in. I went to the kitchen to prepare their drinks as they sat down on the sofa.

I returned to them with their drinks, "Aww Jess is kind to us," Mitchie said in a mocking tone. I glared at her. As you may know, I am very cold to them. "Shut it, Mitch," I said coldly. I sat down across them before asking "So, How's class?" "We didn't do anything. The professor didn't come today." Vermont answered. "Okay then, so no other information?" I asked again. "Nope, today was freedom," Vermont replied. I didn't care if the teacher didn't come or not, what I care was the situation of the class. I sighed "So you already check me up what are you going to do?" I asked again laying my back against the seat.

"MOVIE TIME!" Mitchie shouted as she stood up showing a bunch of DVDs in her hand. "That would be fun." Vermont exclaimed, "Sure I guess." I said.

I sat down on my spot as Mitchie and Vermont figuring out what movie to watch. "Hey, Jess are you a horror type?" Mitchie asked. "Yeah, I guess," I replied. "So is 'SAW' okay for you?" Vermont asked me. "Yeah, it's fine," I said.

Vermont popped in the DVD and press play to start the movie. I stood up to change position to get closer to Vermont and Mitchie. Vermont scooted away to make a place for me to sit. I sat beside him and started to watch the movie along with them.

In the middle of the movie, my phone rang. I looked at the ID it was an unknown caller. I decided to ignore it. It stops. But soon after that, it rang again. I picked up, "Hello?" I said through the line. "Hello, is this Jess Taylor?" The person on the other line asked. "Yes? Who are you? Why do you have my number?" I asked.

"It's not a problem how I got your number, I'm here to inform you something." He said, "Okay what is it?" I asked in a displeasing tone.

"I'm sorry to say that your parents were involved in a car accident."

My heart sank completely. "What happened? Where are they?" I asked, my voice filled with panic. I ran up to my room, changed my pants and grabbed my red hoodie. "They are in a hospital. I'll message you the address." He said before hanging up.

I rush downstairs and grabbed my parent's second car key and opened the door. "Where are going?" Mitchie asked with a pillow in front of her face. "Somewhere," I said before running out and shutting the door close.

I started the engine and drove away from the house.

Throughout the trip, I prayed to God that the injuries weren't bad. I prayed so hard so that they're alive. I drove through the neighborhood like a madman. I arrived and quickly ran to the front desk. "Where are my parents??!!" I asked while yelling at the innocent nurse. "Calm down sweetie," She said with a soft voice.

"Calm down? Hahaha, CALM DOWN??!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??Y HOW CAN I BE FUCKING CALM WHEN PARENTS WERE IN A FUCKING ACCIDENT?!!" I yelled grabbing all attention from the people around. "Jess Taylor?" a male voice said behind me.

I turned around to see the man. Blond hair, green eyes, well structure face. "My name is Michael. I'm the one who called you here," He said with a stern voice. "Don't worry miss, she's with me," Michael said. Michael grabbed me by the wrist pulling me to an empty hall towards a room.

The door opened revealing a doctor. "You must Jess," he started. I nodded my head. "I'm sorry about what happened. Don't worry the injuries aren't bad. Few scratches here and there but no worries it's all treated." He explained. I felt the weight behind my back being lifted. I thank God for his blessing, his protection of my parents.

"Can I see them?" I asked as my eyes started to tear up. The doctor nodded his head. Opening the door, I saw both of my parents laying on the hospital bed. I looked at their state. The doctor was right, they only had few scratches but it looks like they passed out when the impact came. My tears kept pouring out my eyes as I stayed longer there.

I kneeled down between my parents. Covering my eyes with my hand.

Thank you, God.