Chapter 8 : Vision

Next morning, I woke up with a painful headache. I grunted in pain when the pain got worse. I stayed in my bed for the next thirty minutes before going to the bathroom to clean myself. I turned the tap to hot water. The water landed on my body as well as the burning pain. I stood in the shower not minding the pain.

What is happening to our life?

 I thought. My life is now a complete mess. First, my dad's bank account got robbed then we have to face many debts. Second, my parents got into a car crash. Third and final, our house was robbed. Again.

I shrugged the thoughts and started to clean my body. I got out from the shower and dried myself. I went to my room and towards my closet. I decided to wear something formal today since we are going to the church. I still think it's not necessary to ask a priest about this.

I pulled out my Verona black red lace swing dress. I put on my black heels and then put on a little make up. I went downstairs to meet my parents who are now ready to go.

"We're not having breakfast?" I asked "No time for that. We need to go now," My dad answered grabbing the car keys and went out. " Sorry sweetie, lately your father hasn't been himself." My mom said. "Here. Eat it through the ride." She handed me a lunchbox filled with toast. "Thanks, mom," I replied walking out beside her to the car.

My dad started the engine and drove away. The ride was surprisingly quiet. The only sound there was the sound of me munching my breakfast. By the time I finished my meal, we arrived at the church. I wiped out then got off the car.

The priest greeted us with a gentle smile, "Well isn't it the Taylors. Welcome," He said, giving each of us a hug. "Jess Taylor, you grew up into a beauty," He praised me after taking a full glimpse of me. "Well, that's kind of you," I replied with a smile. "So what are you here for Taylors?" he asked.

"We would like you to help us figure out what had happened to our life," my dad said getting straight to the point. "What had happened to your life if I may ask?" "Suddenly it turned upside down. We were robbed twice and we got into a car crash." My mom said joining the conversation. "Well if I may say that is normal for people to go through that." He said.

"Yeah, we know that but not all people suffered that three days in a row." my dad said in a disturbing tone. The priest sighed "Okay then, I 'll help you." He said before walking past us. "Oh thank you so much." my mother thanked him and we followed him further into the church.

We sat there for a few minutes before he came back. "Do you know what had happened to us?" my dad asked filled with hope. "Well, all you went through is just a part of God's plan. Just continue to praise Him and believe Him and this will all stop." He said. "Thank you so much. Please help us pray." my dad said.

The priest prayed for us, asked for God's help and gives us His blessing. After we finished, my parents quickly went to the car. I, on the other hand, walked slowly to the car. Before I knew it, I felt a slight tap on my shoulder. I turned around to face the priest. "What's wrong? Is there something you need?" I asked him. "No, I'm here to inform you something," he started "Please be careful Jess, I got a vision when I was praying. A horrible image flashes in my head."

"What image?" I asked curiously. "A girl killed in a horrible way. She looks like you, Jess." I stood there wide eyes. "What?" I asked in disbelief. "Just be careful Jess." He said before going back to the church.

I stood there unable to move.

I'm going to die?