Chapter 2- Sister?

{Next day}

Violet was sitting on the couch, nervously picking at her fingers. Chad and Patrick were standing in front of her.

"Honey, your dad and I talked yesterday and...I think we need..."Chad spoke, but Patrick interrupted.

"we think It might be best if...since your always so lonley, we thought bringing in another member to our family would be good for you".

A smile crept upon Violets face. "really?!" she said and jumped up on the couch trying to be at the same level as her parents.

"wait, you're not mad" Chad said with a puzzled look. They both turned to look at their daughter.

"why would I be mad?"

"We thought you'd be mad if we brought in another girl into the family...maybe even jealous."

"Wait, a girl?"

"Yes a girl, don't you want a sister to play around with?" Chad said sitting besides her. Violet slumped down to face Chad.

"No I don't want a sister!" she said crossing her hand by her chest.

"If you don't want a sister then what do you want?...a brother?" Patrick said, sitting down next to Violet.

Violet looked up at him with excitement.

"Yes! That way we can play with his dinosaurs!" she said getting up again. Both Chad and Patrick laughed at her silliness.

"Okay, a boy it is"

1 month later...

Today Violet was finally going to meet her "brother". She felt nervouse, and scared. What if he didn't like her? she thought.

Chad and Patrick went to go pick him up from the foster home and they left her with the old women that lived next door. She was in her bedroom when she saw Patricks car pull up in the driveway. She raced down stairs and hid behind the door frame, only peaking her head out a bit to see.

The door opened with a creak that echoed through out the empty house.

Violet was curious of how he looked. The only thing she knew was that he was a year older than her. She peaked her head out a bit more to get a better look at the young boy who was walking in, behind Patrick.

Violet stared at the boy. He had waves of blonde hair reaching his ears and strands of it covering part of his chocolate brown eyes. He was tall, well, taller than her. He smiled at something Chad said and you could see the dimmples forming around his cheeks.

"Violet!...Mrs.Skidmore!" Patrick came to the kitchen where I was hiding behind the door frame. "Violet, there you are...where's Mrs.Skidmore?" Violet grabbed Patrick by the leg and hid behind him instead. "She went to the bathroom" she said clinging on to him tighter.

The old women came rushing into the room "Oh, your here already" she said walking over to the couch and grabbed her bag. "Well, I guess I'll be leaving now" She said and started walking over to the door.

"Wait, Mrs.Skidmore" Chad yelled, walking over to the women. The old women turned around. "Don't you want to meet our new son" Chad said with happiness bouncing off his face.

"Nah, I'm good" She said and walked out the door, slamming it in front of his face. Chad stood there dumbfounded and after a few seconds turned around.

"Okay, then" he said and walked back to where we were all standing.

"Violet, hunny, come over here" Violet who was still behind Patrick, walked towards Chad. She looked up at him and he smiled. "Violet meet your new brother" She turned around and was greeted with a huge smile from- "Hi, I'm Tate" he said reaching out a hand. "Hi, I'm Violet" she said, timidly shaking his hand.